LUSH REVIEW: "FROZEN" BATH BOMB

September 10, 2015

Hey everyone! I'm sorry again for my sporadic posting, I said I would post two things on Sunday and didn't. I think from now on I'm going to stick to posting on Wednesday and Saturday regularly, but once I start university that could all swap around so I'll keep you updated.

 I hope you're all doing well and are not too bogged down with school already. The post summer blues can be a horrible thing to experience and there's nothing I enjoy more than treating myself when I have the time. By now you should all know how much I love Lush and a good bath to relax. I had heard a lot about Frozen, but due to my disdainful feelings towards the movie, I had been a bit reluctant to pick it up. But after seeing so much hype surrounding it, and being drawn in by it's enticing and calming colour palette, I had to try it for myself, and here are the results!

I also want to apologise for the forthcoming pictures. I like to take baths in the evening and with the darker weather coming in, my photo quality is going to significantly decrease from previous posts because my camera won't stay focused and blurs easily. I hope you'll all bear with me!

LOOKS:



The colour of the bath bomb is so beautiful, I adore blue in all it's various shades. The white speckles give the impression of snow, which adds to the whole "Frozen" concept, and although not totally obvious in pictures, there are silver glittery sprinkles on the outside. Although to some the bath bomb may appear a bit more plain than others, I think it fits the niche and looks pretty good!

Overall: 8/10

SCENT:

This bomb was very perfumed, and the smell kind of reminded me of the type of perfume that your grandmother would wear. According the Lush website, this familiar scent can be attributed to the neroli and rose oil contained inside. All in all, the scent isn't too overpowering, soft and it made me feel very cosy!

Overall: 7.5/10


IN THE BATH:







The various shades of blue this bath bomb makes in the water as so beautiful and mesmerising. I really love the effect created in the bath as the middle band of colour starts to fizz and release. The lighter blue halves start to follow soon after, unleashing the sliver glitter within.  Their appearance reminds me of the sea, utterly enchanting!

Overall; 8/10

THE FINAL RESULT:





What is not visible in these pictures are the swirls of silver glitter and a strange white coloured substance that reminds me of snowflakes, adding the the Frozen concept. The bright blue colour stayed consistent throughout my bath as the smell slowly dissipated. 

Overall; 8/10

PROS: I adore the colour of this bath bomb and those colours don't change as it's dropped in, which may make it seem too plain for those who like something a bit more exotic in the bath. The smell is familiar and fragrant and I like the little touches of glitter in the bath.

CONS: The bath bomb did take quite a while to dissolve (not so much as Yoga Bomb did) and for some, the smell can become slightly nauseating. The consistence of the oil in the bath tub did make me feel a bit more slippery than usual and the glitter eventually sank to the bottom of the tub.

OVERALL; "Frozen" is totally worth it's reputation. Not only is it beautiful whole and dissolved, it takes you to a place where everything is blue and filled with snow. A perfect bath bomb for the winter weather and a wonderful aid to relaxation! 

That's it for this review, I will have more bath bomb reviews of "Twilight" and "Blueberry Bomb" coming soon, alongside a review of "Don't Look At Me" face mask and "Milky Bath" bubble bar. Alongside these I will be posting more fashion looks and some other kinds of reviews too!

Thank you all for sticking with me and taking the time to read my posts.

Lots of love, 
Rachel xx

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. hi ! i just wanted too say i love your blog and instagram page so much ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ! i just wanted too say i love your blog and instagram page so much ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! But sadly I can't buy lush products here...
    I really love your blog and your insta of course!! *.*
    Hannah (aka pale.moonrise)

    ReplyDelete