AUTUMN FASHION LOOKS: MOM JEANS

August 29, 2015

Hello again everyone! Now for my second blog post of the day in which I will show you all two of the looks I have put together in preparation for the chillier weather that is fast approaching. Throughout the season I will also be bringing you more simple looks that will help you stay cute in the cold and that you can easily put together with any similar pieces you may have at home!

Today's autumn looks are centered around a fashion staple that I am so in love with right now, mom jeans, styled in a cute, yet simple way. I will also review each product paired with them,  in as much detail as I can, hopefully encouraging you to try out some of these styles yourself! As ever, I apologise in advance for my awkward posing and all photos were taken by my lovely boyfriend @zombiescantsurf. Without further ado, let's get started.

LOOK 1:




Jumper: H+M
Necklace: eBay
Jeans: Topshop
Socks: Primark
Shoes: Topshop

This is probably my new favourite outfit, giving me distinct That 70s Show and 90s university student vibes. (although someone did say I look a bit like a minion) (note to everyone: I hate them and that is not a compliment). 

This gorgeous mustard jumper gives me a very autumnal feel (and my boyfriend said I looked like I should smell like pumpkin spice), and the material is very light. Light enough to wear on its own if the weather is good, and light enough that you could easily wear a jacket over it and be warm, if the weather takes a turn for the worse. I paired this jumper with these jeans because I absolutely adore the look of long-sleeved jumpers / tops, tucked into high-waisted jeans. As a pear-shaped girl with a bigger bottom half, tucking things in allows me to show my waistline and my figure. 

For all of you with a straight / long body type,or those who prefer to have your jumpers and shirts untucked, here is what it looks like. 


I definitely look like a minion now. 

Onto the jeans themselves. Not going to lie, they are expensive and I had to save up to buy them after lusting after them for months. However at £40 they are extremely good quality and definitely worth the price. They are well-fitting and flattering and probably the most comfortable jeans I've ever bought in my life. They are looser at the leg than most other jeans and that adds to the overall comfort. The rolled up ankles are stitched at the bottom, therefore they can't be rolled down but they can be rolled up a bit higher if they don't quite fit you in the legs! They are a bit loose at the back of the waist but that is nothing that a thick belt can't fix if you have a similar problem to me. 

Here are some outfit details; 


I really love the look of ruffled socks and shoes together, especially with these little velvet mini-platforms. They give a little bit of a cutesy edge to any outfit and I adore them.

Also here is a quick glance at my make-up and hair for this look!


I apologise for my slightly strange left eye, I was facing the light and my eyes are really sensitive.

Although you can't see my eye-make up very clearly I created a sort of bronze smokey eye to go with the orangey / nude lip colour and did my signature winged eyeliner flicks! I kept my hair natural. 

Overall I absolutely adore this look and I can see myself living in this when university starts.It is comfortable and casual and a perfect everyday look. I also can't wait to mix and match these items with other things in my wardrobe!

LOOK 2:


Top: H+M
Check shirt: Charity shop
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Primark

I am a bit of a grunge girl at heart and sometimes I like to add a bit of an alternative edge to my look and these items alongside the jeans allow me to spice it up a bit! This look is definitely super casual and with the boots, shirt and the addition of a jacket, will be a perfect get up once the cold weather begins to reappear.


I am in love with anything to do with the zodiac, and finding this cute shirt with my star sign it on it was like winning the jackpot for me. The material is very light and kind of transparent,and it's very loose and flowing. The length is a bit odd, it isn't long enough to be a t-shirt but not short enough to be a crop top, which I often find with H+M clothes, but with these jeans it hits just where the waist is and doesn't show much skin. If you're okay with wearing black in the summer this top would be a good addition to that wardrobe, and adding a check shirt or jacket over it will make it cold weather appropriate too!


These tartan DM replicas are probably one of the most underrated things I have in my wardrobe, meaning that I absolutely adore them, but I very rarely wear them! What I like the most about them is that in the winter they are perfect for keeping your feet protected from the snow and their grip is great for walking across any icy paths. However they are made of a clothy material, so the external half of them gets wet but that doesn't seep through into your feet. I also like that you can wear any kind of big thick socks with them and keep your feet as warm as possible. Aesthetically speaking, I think they are a great addition to any kind of outfit and give it that sort of punky edge that so many people adore. 

I had a really good time putting together these two looks and I hope you've enjoyed this introduction to my autumn wardrobe, and also seen two ways you can style your mom jeans!

Thank you for sticking with me and reading through my posts, I appreciate all of your support more than anything.

Love always, Rachel xx



You Might Also Like

1 comments