LUSH REVIEW: "YOGA BOMB" BATH BOMB

August 29, 2015

Hey everyone and wonderful weekend wishes to you all!

Today, I'm not only going to be sharing with you my review of one of the latest Lush bath bombs "Yoga Bomb", I'm also going to be posting my essential autumn looks right after this post! Take it as my way of apologising for being sporadic with my blogging.

Onto the review!

LOOKS: 



At first glance, this bath bomb is extremely plain to the point where to some people it may be considered "underwhelming". The bomb is just pretty much orange throughout and no real hint of any other concealed colours came through. There was a bit of glitter inside which I could only really see in certain lights. 

OVERALL; Not the most aesthetically pleasing bath bomb I've ever bought, 6/10

SCENT:

The smell of this bath bomb is kind of familiar but no one could quite put their finger on it. My dad said quite simply, it smelt liked oranges, my brother said it was a combination of Fanta Orange and sherbet, and my boyfriend said it smelt a little bit like Christmas. According to the Lush website it is scented with "oilbanum and ho wood".

OVERALL: 7/10

IN THE BATH:

Yoga Bomb is an extremely slow releasing bath bomb, and as it begins to dissolve at its own pace, it is as is the sun is beginning to form in your bath. Foamy bubbles also can be seen, although I'm not sure if those were a direct result of the bath bomb or if they were caused by the pressurised water coming out of the tap. 





 Eventually, purples and turquoise start to emerge from the bath bomb however they create no lasting effect in the end result of the coloured bath water. In general, I prefer bath bombs that are a bit speedier so that I can quickly get in and enjoy my bath, but this bath bomb would be ideal for someone who has a lot of time for relaxation.

Overall; 7/10

THE FINAL RESULT:

I don't have a good quality picture to show to you all, however as you can probably tell from the pictures above, the end result was a bubbly, golden colour in my bath, which reminded me of Dragon's Egg. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the density of glitter in the water was much higher than on first glance of the bath bomb, but unlike Intergalactic, quite a bit of it remained on my skin after draining the water from the bath!

Overall; 8/10

PROS: The end result of the bath bomb with the discovery of a huge amount of glitter in my bath, was a good way to end and otherwise very long wait for something to happen. The release of the brief blues and purples was also a nice touch. 

CONS: As already mentioned, the bomb was slow to burn and in general not much happened, which was disappointing.

OVERALL: I am very sorry to say that this is definitely not my favourite bath bomb and I probably would not buy it again. Whilst it was exciting to see it begin to fizz upon its release into the bath, for me it just took far too long to dissolve and it was quite boring to watch. However, I cannot fault the sheer volume of bubbles and glitter that appeared in my bath and made the experience a little bit better. 

I would definitely recommend to you all to try out Yoga Bomb and let me know what you all think of it, maybe I will even be persuaded to give it another go, but for now sadly I am not a fan. 

That is it for this bath bomb review and I hope you will all stick with me for my next post today!

Lots of love, Rachel x












You Might Also Like

0 comments