LUSH REVIEW: "INTERGALACTIC" BATH BOMB

August 09, 2015

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday, I hope you have all had an amazing weekend. 

I first of all want to start off by apologising for my lack of posts and then thank you all for being understanding of that. In the last couple of weeks various incidents have happened and unfortunately within that my blogging had to take a backseat. But I am going to be posting every day right up until Thusday which will be my A-Level results day, with lots of things to show and tell!. 

Tonight I'm going to be presenting you all with a review of one of Lush's new products, the Intergalactic bath bomb (inspired by the lovely peculiarplanets and their reviews on their blog)! I think I speak for the vast majority of Lush fans when I say that I was upset when I found out some of my favourite products such as Space Girl and Phoenix Rising were being discontinued. However, feelings of anticipation and excitement soon bubbled to the surface and I was elated to find the new products had been stocked when I visited Lush during my time in Dublin. I spent a while speaking to one of the sales assistants who took me through all of the new products before I finally decided on this one. Now, to the review!

LOOKS:



This was by far the prettiest of the bath bombs. It looks like a mini galaxy and I love the different colours that run through it; pink; yellow; white and although not totally visible, it is really quite glittery. The only fault is that when you hold it a lot of the dust comes off, in fact more so than any other bomb I've tried and it can be quite messy!

Overall; 9/10

SCENT:

The scent of mint is strong / borderline overpowering, yet refreshing. As it melts in the bath the scent becomes less noticeable and the notes of cedarwood start to seep through. If you're looking for a more subtle bomb with a delicate scent, this is definitely not for you!

Overall; 6.5/10

IN THE BATH:

Almost immediately, you can see why the bomb is named "Intergalactic"as a galaxy begins to form in your bath. Hints of green and purple that aren't obvious on the outside can be seen as the bomb starts to open and fizz.

   
         

  



I really loved watching this bomb fizz away, the colours made a beautiful effect in my bath, it was truly magical. As the glitter started to pour out it really took on a Milky Way-esque feeling. 

Overall; 9/10

THE FINAL RESULT;


As the water settled, the colour reminded me of Big Blue except with glitter instead of seaweed. Quite a bit of the glitter sank to the bottom, and as the water became more settled it actually became a faint green colour which was very unexpected! A good amount of the glitter settled to the bottom of the bath and some of it still hasn't managed to come out of my bath. I used the bomb after I worked out and the mint made me feel really cool and relaxed. 

Overall; 8/10

PROS; The bath bomb in itself is stunning, although the scent is overpowering I liked it and the effect in the bath was beautiful.
CONS: The scent of the bomb didn't really stay of my skin and for the amount of glitter in the bath, barely any of it remained on my skin which was quite disappointing.

OVERALL: I would definitely use this again, and might have even found a new favourite, I would recommend it without a doubt. Despite the lack of after effects in general, my skin feels soft and smooth and I can't get over how aesthetically pleasing the bomb is within the bath. Using Intergalactic has definitely geared me up to try the rest of Lush's new products and let you know what I think. 

I hope you enjoyed this brief review and you'll tune in this week for the rest of my posts!

Sending you all love and positivity, Rachel xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments