8-STEP WINGED EYELINER TUTORIAL

July 26, 2015

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday, I hope you have all had an amazing weekend and are doing really well. 

I am by no means a make-up guru, I don't watch Youtubers or scour the Internet searching for tips on how to get the perfect make up. I put products on whatever way I think is easiest and works the best for me. Everything I do has come from years of practice so I've become a perfectionist when it comes to my own face. If there's anything I get complimented on the most, it's my eyeliner and I know how tricky it can be to do, so I put together this step by step picture guide on how to achieve a simple look!

For the purposes of speeding up this tutorial and making it as simple as possible, I did my face make up and eyebrows before hand!



Here are the products I'm using. I've been using the end product for years now and it is hands down my favourite and it is dead cheap in comparison to most other liquid liners! You don't have to have these exact products, just work with whatever you have. 



L-R:
Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Volume! Mascara
Avon Mega Effects Eyeliner
Rimmel London Exaggerate Eyeliner

And here is how the eyeliner looks

                         
Avon on the left and Rimmel on the right

1. Using the pen, start with the narrow point of the tip in the inner corner of your eye and make a line ending at the lash line. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to outline where you want to put your eyeliner! 


                               

2. Once you have a rough guideline of where your eyeliner will be, using the pen, you can start to build it up, making it as thick as you want! You can work from inner to outer and vice versa. I personally prefer to have it thicker but if you prefer not to you can skip the next few steps. 


3. Now using the pot, go over any white bits near your lash line and tidy up rough bits to create a smooth line. 


4. Now it's time for the flick! To start this I go back to using the pen. I recommend starting from the point where you want the line to end. If you want a curved flick you can create it freehand, but if you would like a straighter, more pointed line, this can be achieved by pulling the skin taught beside the eye or using a piece of tape. For this tutorial I drew my line freehand. 


5. The best way to create a thick line is to draw a parallel line starting from the tip of the first one,leading into the line on your eye. Leave a gap between the two as an outline for filling it in!


6. Now it's time to start filling in your flick! I do this using the eyeliner pot as it also makes the line look darker. Then you can continue to build the flick up to match the thickness of the rest of your eyeliner (if you so desire) and eliminate any remaining roughness!

                              
7. Add your mascara to your top and bottom lashes to finish the look!


8. Repeat these steps with your other and voila! Your winged eyeliner is complete. Keep in mind that they don't have to exactly matching or exactly perfect, just as long as it looks similar. 


The one thing to remember is that practice makes perfect, and although I have had years of practice there are days when my eyeliner is definitely more on eek than on fleek! I hope you guys have enjoyed this tutorial and I apologise in advance for the fact it's not a video, but unforunately I don't have the editing software to create one and although my boyfriend kindly offered I wanted to get this post to you all ASAP! But I hope I managed to give you some simple and easy instructions and I can't wait to see your results.

Sending lots of love and positivity as ever, Rachel xx


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The instructions are really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay I'm glad! i was so nervous about them because they are definitely not professional and there's a serious lack of proper description but I wanted to keep it simple so thank you!

      Delete