CURRENT LOOK: 90S INSPIRED DAY / NIGHT

July 22, 2015

One of the main reasons I wanted to set up this blog was to showcase my love of fashion and the various looks I like to wear and explore. I want to create looks that are dynamic and different, and more importantly, easy to imitate and mould into your own style. Now I am not a model by any stretch of the imagination, nor do I claim or want to be. Some of these photos are very amateurish and almost comical but I had a lot of fun doing what I love which is the most important thing! 

Fashion to me is full of a multitude of elements. I wear whatever I feel confident and comfortable in, sometimes a tight fitting dress, or a loose top and tracksuit bottoms. I'm not afraid to wear things that scare me, things that show my "problem areas" i.e the parts of my body I'm most insecure about, for example my arms, stomach and thighs. I think it is extremely important to discover who you are and one of the mains ways to do this is by trying out different styles and looks and more importantly having fun with it! That's why I decided to start off the fashion dimension of my blog with some fun day and nighttime 90s inspired Spice Girls meets Clueless meets alien queen / power bitch looks! I hope you enjoy. 


DAY TIME 

Sunglasses: Primark
Top: H+M
Shorts: Topshop
Belt: Primark
Badges: HMV
Shoes: Koi Koture




I honestly had a lot of fun putting together this look. I love the combination of bright, vibrant make up, cute and girly hair, and grungy outfits. I used to feel very awkward about wearing crop tops but honestly I don't think anyone should be, regardless of weight, body type and how you think your stomach looks, if it's something that you feel comfortable in, you can fake it till you feel it. Crop tops are a problematic favourite for many people who have doubts about even buying them, let alone wearing them. But if you put it on and feel comfortable and confident, who cares? There's no point in wearing outfits to please others and if they are uncomfortable with what you're wearing, I repeat the above phrase, who cares?

One of my favourite elements of this outfit was adding those super cute Adventure Time pins (seen in picture two) that I had sitting in my drawers for forever. I really didn't know what I wanted to do with them and as I was envisioning this look it clicked. I think they are a really nice addition to the outfit and I'm definitely going to keep them on those shorts. 

On the whole I love this look, because it makes me feel cute and it was a lot of fun putting together. The top and shorts are really comfortable and I love wearing them and the little touches really pulled it together.  

NIGHT TIME


Coat: Exhibit
Dress: Topshop
Shoes: New Look



This is a look that I would definitely wear on a night out and I think I will when I eventually decide to embark on one again! Whenever I add this coat to any type of outfit I immediately feel like some ultra-powerful, rich business woman, or cute, snuggly, miniature Clifford the Big Red Dog. For this look however I was trying to channel my inner Alicia Silverstone / Geri Halliwell and I have fallen in love with this style.

I bought this dress impulsively on Saturday, after my vigorous denials to succumb to the midi-dress that was all the rage last year. As a shorter girl with a curvier bottom half, I always felt that I would be drowned in those types of dresses or feel extremely insecure about my mid section. But I couldn't help but give into this dress and I have no regrets. The material is very comfortable and although it gathers in places and does ride up a little when I sit down, I can deal with it. This was also my boyfriend's favourite look (credits to him for these pictures!) and that was extremely encouraging because usually he isn't a fan of some of my more eccentric looks (not that I care much, I still wear them and so should you). 

Overall, I really enjoyed putting together this look. Despite it's simplicity it made me feel ethereal and powerful at the same time, proving that you don't need to add a huge amount of accessories or items to make a look stand out!

I really hope that you enjoyed taking a little peak into this look and I want you all to remember that no one should stop you from wearing what you want to, especially yourself. We are our biggest critics and we must remember that how we see ourselves shapes who we are and what we do. Other people are for the most part irrelevant to how we feel about ourselves and wearing things to validate how people view us is futile and pointless. Wear what you want, what you feel comfortable in and more importantly what you feel confident in, ultimately your opinion matters more than anyone else's.

Sending lots of love and positivity xx






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I especially love your first outfit! That top is rad and your hairstyle for it was incredibly cute. The little accessories you added to your shorts were a nice touch too!

    Also love the red coat in your second outfit!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it xx

    ReplyDelete