MEET THE BLOGGER

July 10, 2015

Hello everyone! I first of all want to say welcome to my blog, and thank you for all the support I've received from you all so far. For those of you who don't know me very well, my name is Rachel Louise, I'm 18 years old and I come from a little town and a little country called Northern Ireland. This is me;



I have a huge love for plants, cartoons, literature and small animals with or without lots of fur. But let's not talk about me for too long, let's talk about my blog (well, at least my plans for it).

This blog is going to be an amalgamation of personal posts updating you on my rather mundane at times life, outfit / album / book reviews, make up tutorials, my own personal writings of stories and poems, tips, advice and rants on current trends and events. At the end of the month I will share my "Monthly favourites" which will include shows, artists, blogs and instagrams that I am utterly obsessed with. I will be posting every Wednesday and Saturday on the regular and in exceptional circumstances. But the one thing that will make this blog special is YOU. Your support and co-operation so far has been incredible and I feel so grateful to you all. For certain posts and discussions I will be asking for your opinions and questions so keep an eye out for that on my Instagram and Tumblr.

But for now, let's focus on the present and move onto my first post, "Meet the Blogger!". I asked on both of the aforementioned social network sites for questions that you all wanted to know the answers to so here they are!

Q; Do you feel you write best or predominantly in fiction or non-fiction? - @monoprincess

My stories are for the most part fictional, however they are based on non-fiction events that have happened to me in the past. I like to take the emotions I felt during those events and convey them in a more general way that others can relate to rather than making myself the main focus of the story. I'm not totally egocentric!

Q; What is your favourite movie scene of all time? - @kal.ena

I have been wracking my brain for the last 4 days trying to think of one movie scene and I think I am going to have to give it to the opening scene of the first Scream film with Drew Barrymore. I think there are very few people in the world who could say that they have never seen at the very least a parody or imitation of that scene. Barrymore's performance sets the tone for the entire film and she is what makes that scene so iconic. It portrays just the right elements of jump scare and humour that are persistent throughout the rest of the film franchise and I get goosebumps every time I see it!

Q; What got you into writing? What are your favourite places to visit? What do you enjoy writing about? - @belavictoriafox

Firstly, I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have kept a diary daily from the age of about 9/10 and I have gone through so many books it's unreal! I suppose I really become more involved with creative writing within school (and I won an award for it when I was 11 for a story involving Spongebob, embarrassing but still one of my proudest moments to date). It was mainly due to encouragement like that from my teachers that inspired me to keep going and that I did actually have a little bit of talent in that department. Secondly, in general I don't really go out to very many places to have any favourites! I think maybe once I've seen enough of the world I can give a definitive answer to this and I kind of already answered the third question!

Q; What is your all time favourite make-up item and why? What is your favourite piece of clothing? And what is your biggest fear? - @dannithemermaid

For favourite make-up item I would have to say Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder because it is the only face item I've found that matches to my skin colour. I'm deathly pale and usually I can never find things to suit my skin colour but this is perfect! For clothing I love my huge holographic Koi Couture shoes, I wear them with every outfit picture because they make me look so much taller than I actually am. My biggest fear is either failure or the dark, both are so unsure and it's that feeling that makes me feel petrified. 

Q; What piece of clothing do you wear most often? - @peachy.rosie

Probably my Little Mermaid and Adventure Time tops (because they're pyjama tops and that's what I live in).

Q; Favourite colour to wear? - @urbxnmuse

I love green, any shade! Emerald, olive, grass, pistachio, I love it so much both of my formal dresses were green. 

Q; Which famous piece of art is your favourite? - @boletteeb

Monet's work is my favourite, my favourite piece being the water lilies with the bridge.

Q: If you had to choose an artist to listen to for the rest of your life, who would that be? - @wtvrlisa

I would have to say Lana Del Rey, I adore her music because it is so varied and can go from sweet and silky to upbeat and bubblegum pop in an instant. I would never get bored of her voice. 

Q; Do you have any tips on staying body positive? - Anonymous

This is a topic that I'm actually going to do a huge post for soon with lots of tips and advice. But for the meantime all I can say is fake it fake it fake it! The more you take the time to say "I look cute as hell today and I am cute as hell every day I am flawless and people cannot bring me down" the more you actually will begin to feel it. Do not let anyone including yourself get in the way of you feeling good. Remember what you feel inside your head doesn't need to translate to your exterior so keep the positivity radiating and the negativity out!

Q; What inspires you the most to write? What's the easiest and most difficult for you to write about? - Anonymous

I find inspiration in almost everything, but sometimes it will hit me at the most random of times and wanes very quickly which is why I'm quite sporadic with it. It's easiest for me to write something that allows me to put a lot of emotion and soul into it. I hate having to write something that's forced or in 3rd person!! I know it's not really a topic, but there isn't anything I find particularly hard to write about because even in my darkest moments it was my only coping mechanism. 

Q; What do you think your future will be like? - Anonymous

I can only hope that it will be full of happiness and I will continue on the way I am with the people I love at my side. I hope I can reach my goals and fulfill my dreams as soon as I can. 

Alas we have reached the end! If you're still reading I want to say thank you for bearing with me and I hope that you will stay with me throughout the course of this blog and I hope that I can keep you all interesting! 
Sending you lots of love and positivity xx





You Might Also Like

0 comments