BH COSMETICS "GALAXY CHIC" EYESHADOW PALETTE REVIEW

February 14, 2016

Hello everyone! As promised, here is my review of the BH Cosmetics "Galaxy Chic" Eyeshadow Palette. I'm sorry it has taken me so long but I have barely had any time to myself between uni and work, this is the first chance I've had. I hope you enjoy and will tune in for upcoming blog posts including a skincare routine, Lush Valentine's haul and another uni looks post!
Onto the review!

PACKAGING / AESTHETIC




I ordered this product after seeing it on Tumblr many years ago. I have listed after it for so long but I never knew the company that made it, until someone I followed was hosting a giveaway and this was one of the prizes. Needless to say I didn't win but I ordered it for myself anyway; I just couldn't let it slip away! 
The product is visually stunning and I am so in love with it. The aesthetic, the creativeness of the concept, the bright vivid colours, everything is beautiful. I was mainly surprise with how long it was, I didn't expect it to be so large!
It arrived promptly, and was well wrapped and with no damage at all, I couldn't be anything more than ecstatic with it!

QUALITY

As you can see in the above picture, the colours are very bright but they are also quite shimmery. The good thing about this palette is that you can also use a wet brush to apply the eyeshadow if you are looking for a stronger, more pigmented look. 

Here is a swatch of Meteor, Comet and Neptune. The top is a dry application and the bottom is a wet application:


As you can see the bottom colours, in particular the darkest, Neptune, are a lot bolder and stronger than how they appear above. However I don't necessarily mind the shimmeriness of the shadows, so I mainly use dry applications, even though it does take more time to build up a stronger colour. 

Here are a couple of the looks I've tried with this palette:


This is the look demonstrated above.


This look includes Venus, Aphrodite, Milky Way and Cosmic.


This look is more of my everyday neutral / brown tone look and it includes Venus, Mars, Mercury and Asteroid. 

LONGEVITY

I don't use any kind of primer before I do my eyeshadow (or make up in general) however with these colour I didn't necessarily need to. This product lasted a long time and it was still pretty strong when it came time to take my make-up off before I went to sleep! Compared to other palettes I've use, this one definitely stands the test of time.

VALUE FOR MONEY

I purchased this product during the company's winter sales, so including shipping it cost me £12 ($18) which is a complete bargain in my eyes. I'm not sure what it costs normally but for a good cruelty-free, high-quality eyeshadow palette this was an absolute gift. 

PROS/CONS

Pros: High quality, cruelty free, beautiful aesthetic and brilliant value for money.
Cons: The need to switch between dry / wet application can be a bit of a pain and the colours have a tendency to dull after wet application. And you need a lot of build up for a stronger look. 


This product is the new love of my life, it is beautiful, bold and I cannot recommend it enough. I love the colours, the fact that it lasts all day and you can use it for everyday looks. A true winner in my eyes!

I hope you've enjoyed this brief review and again I am very sorry for the delay in posting, but hopefully things will pick up soon!

Rachel x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is such a good post, I love reading your blog and it always puts me in such a good mood❤️ Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, thank you so much and I'm really glad you enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete