JANUARY FAVOURITES

January 29, 2016

Hey everyone! January is almost over and February will soon be upon us, so I thought I would comprise a small list of January faves. I've never done a post like this before, so I wanted to keep it as simple and basic as I can, just to show you guys some of the things I have been obsessing over this month. If you like it, maybe I will do some more frequently, who knows?

Anyway, here we go!

BH Cosmetics, Galaxy Chic Eyeshadow Palette:


Now, I'm not going to go into too much detail about this product as I plan on doing a review of it next. But what I can tell you is that I am so in love with it and its intergalactic inspired colours and names. If you want a closer look I have a picture of the actual eyeshadows on my instagram but I won't say much more until my review!

Make Up Academy "Undress Your Skin" Highlighter:


This product is the first highlighter I ever bought and I honestly don't think I would change it. I know most people prefer a creamier highlighter but I love this pressed powder type of product. My skin is quite pale so this gold tone is very subtle on my skin and makes me feel like a pretty shimmery faerie!

Silver Shampoos:
Bleach London and Pro:voke Touch of Silver


As many of you will know I recently dyed my hair a blonde / silver colour and to eliminate the ginger from my hair I picked up these products from my local Boots! They haven't really done much to keep the silver tone but together they are doing the job in getting rid of my brassy bits! I use the Bleach London Shampoo and Condition as an every other day, regular treatment, the Touch of Silver Shampoo twice a week. I have noticed that it is more effective than the Bleach London product in keeping my hair super light and its also a little cheaper!



Lush "Ocean Salt" Face and Body Scrub


I had never tried Lush Skincare products before, but I had noticed that my skin had starting breaking out frequently and becoming quite dry and flaky. I went in and this was one of the items I picked up and I am so in love with it. I use it every other day or so whenever my skin feels bad. It smells amazing and it is quite pricey for the amount you get, but it is so worth it. I'm going to feature it in an upcoming skincare routine post so keep your eyes peeled!


"Reasons to Stay Alive" by Matt Haig


This novel maps the author's true story of battling mental illness, alongside helpful facts and tips and an accurate insight into what it is like to suffer from it. I bought this book in the hopes that when I'm having a particularly bad time I would find some solace and comfort in it and I haven't been disappointed. I am so glad I bought this because I've found it really helpful and reassuring that you can recover no matter what. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is struggling and having difficulty finding light in the darkness. 

TIGER Reading Lamp

As an English student, I have a lot of reading to do and most of it happens at night in bed squinting at the pages using my lamp light. Needless to say I've damaged my eyesight and I had been meaning to pick up a little reading lamp for ages. I came across this one in the newly opened TIGER store in Belfast, and I couldn't resist it for one reason only - it reminds me so much of the Pixar lamp! Its a super cute investment and it was only £3!

This concludes my simple January favourites post! I know it was kind of basic but I just wanted to do a small one and show you a few things I haven't shown you before. Hopefully the next time I make one I will have a lot more to show you. Next post will be my Galaxy Chic review, so until then!

Rachel x







You Might Also Like

0 comments