LUSH BELFAST BLOGGER'S EVENT AND HAUL VIDEO!

May 12, 2016

Hey everyone! I am absolutely bursting to tell you about my experience at my first ever blogger's event which took place at my favourite place, as you all may know, Lush! Also as you guys know, I don't particularly class myself as a "blogger", so needless to say I did feel a little out of place at the start. However, the wonderful staff, great people and general atmosphere helped me feel at ease. I got to take part in so many activities like a demo session, making my own "Angels on Bare Skin" facial cleanser, and even got a sneak preview at the Father's Day products, which will be released in stores across the UK this Friday, all of which I will show you in this post! We also received a little goodie bag with some incredible products I haven't even tried before, and I of course purchased a couple of items too, so this haul will be featured in the second half of this post. So, without further ado let's get started!

So, because I am exceedingly punctual I was naturally the first person there, getting first pick of the snacks and drinks (vegan and non-alcoholic of course) and a look around the store, which was all set up for our first port of call, a demonstration of a lot of products!



So after we took a lot of pictures and mingled, we were all seated and the demo began!


I learned so much more about the products, the company and I tried so many products from various ranges including; The Rough with the Smooth and Rub Rub Rub body scrubs, Charity Pot body lotion (one of my favourites not only for the product, but the ethics behind it and also, as I found out, great for sunburn!), Soft Coeur, Each Peach and Wiccy Magic Muscles massage bars, (yes that is the one that can sprout plants in your plughole!), Shimmy Shimmy body tint (which is now one of my favourite products, my skin is still glittering) and Silky Underwear dusting powder (another favourite, which you just dust on after you've moisturised your body). I can still smell all of this on my hands and I don't think I could even begin to describe the scent. We also got to sniff some of the perfumes, with Dirty and Vanillary being my personal favourites. As you all know I love mint and vanilla.

Next it was onto the messy part, making our very own Angels on Bare Skin cleanser!


The ingredients were surprisingly simple, water, essential oils, glycerine, ground almonds, lavender and kaolin, but they smelt so good! I even got to stick my hands in and give it all a good old mix together, although I think more of it stuck to my gloves than together. I honestly feel like I could get a job in Lush product production now! Then we got to pot up and take away.


After more snacking and mingling, it was finally time for the big reveal; the 2016 range of Father's Day products and a brand new bath bomb!


From top to bottom; Lava Lamp bath bomb, Modfather bubble bar, Smuggler's Soul facial scrub, Superdad gift set and bath ballistic, Papa Bear gift set, Wash on the Wild Side (?) gift set, Smuggler's Soul all purpose cream and shampoo bar and Thanks Dad soap (my favourite because it smells like Jaffa Cakes!).


We got to see a few demos of products like Superdad bath ballistic;


A gorgeous smoky sandalwood infusion. It's a slow fizzer too, so lots of time to watch the beautiful colours turn the water a deep blue.

Modfather bubble bar; 


Surprisingly citrusy and with lots of Brazillian orange oil, it smells so fresh!

And of course, Lava Lamp:


Similar to Lover's Lamp from the Valentine's range, it smells just like a chocolate orange and releases lots of soothing butters in the purple melts! It's also going to be available as a regular product, so no need to worry about this little one disappearing! But obviously I had to snag one for myself.

I had an absolutely fabulous evening, thanks to the incredible staff at Lush Belfast for making me feel so welcome and allowing me to experience these beautiful products close up! Needless to say I came home with a lot of goodies, leading me to the second part of my post; the haul.

I decided to another video because I wanted to show you guys the products in a way that felt more demonstrative and vivid rather than through pictures!






And that's it! Once again I want to thank the amazing staff at Lush for making me feel so at ease and opening my eyes to a whole host of products I would never have considered using before, teaching me more about the company and letting me sneak a peep at the new range launching this Friday! I feel very grateful and thankful because I never, ever imagined that this opportunity would arise. I hope you guys enjoyed this run through and the video and as I said I will do my best to review as many of these products as I can in the future.

Rachel x












You Might Also Like

0 comments