LUSH REVIEW: "LAVA LAMP" BATH BOMB

May 22, 2016

Hello everyone! So after my last post and haul video a few of you showed some interest in the newly released bath bomb "Lava Lamp", so I thought I would do a proper review on it and give you all my honest opinion after having used it. Aaand I haven't done a proper review in quite a long time so here we go!

LOOKS:



I really love the deep orange colour of this product, and the purple bath oil discs give it a very cute almost alienesque face! It sort of reminds me of Zippy from the classic TV show Rainbow! The bath bomb has recently been reforumlated for nationwide release, after previous issues with the bath oil and staining, but I'll come to this later. It's not my favourite design and it's similar to it's sister bath bomb from the Valentine's range, Lover's Lamp, which I have to say I prefer!

OVERALL: 7/10


SCENT:

The smell is so fresh and exactly how what you expect. Orange flower absolute and tangerine oil give it a wonderful citrus scent and the organic cocoa butter add that lovely chocolate tone. It smells very much like a chocolate orange, but mine was just a bit more fruity!

OVERALL: 8/10


IN THE BATH:









"Lava Lamp" doesn't put on much of a display in the bath, but it is really interesting to see the purple oils form in the bath! The bomb itself was quite a quick fizzer, which I both love and kind of hate, but the oils never really dissolved fully. This was a huge issue for me, as they did stain my skin in the bath. It wasn't so severe that it couldn't be washed off, but my skin was still left with a slightly purple tinge. I have used bath oils before and I haven't really had any issue like that, so I was quite disappointed in that respect.

OVERALL: 5/10

THE FINAL RESULT:


My camera definitely didn't pick up how vividly orange the water was, instead showing this sort of golden tinge to it. The water was bright and gorgeous, and the oils did leave my skin feeling extremely soft, even if I did kind of resemble Barney!

OVERALL: 7/10


PROS: The bath bomb is adorable, the design is so cute and I do love the smell. It's very refreshing and the oils have left me feeling silky smooth!

CONS: Be very aware of staining, because the oils are still a problem. Despite the bath bomb being reformulated to prepare for mass release, you would still need to be cautious about this issue. 

OVERALL: I was very excited to give Lava Lamp a try, after being a huge fan of Lover's Lamp for so long. It's very cute, very fresh and sweet. However, the bath oils not fully melting did leave a bad taste in my mouth as I felt like I couldn't really enjoy the bath for too long because I was so worried about becoming the flying purple people eater! I would probably try it again, as it could have just been an issue with the batch, so I'm not ready to give up on this product yet!

I hope you've enjoyed this review, it was my first proper one in a while so I did enjoy writing it. I would really encourage you all to try this new product and let me know what you all think!

Thanks for reading, 
Rachel x



You Might Also Like

0 comments