SUMMER FASHION HAUL

June 06, 2016







Hello everyone! Holiday season is fast approaching and in just under three weeks time I will be jetting off to beautiful Majorca for a well needed holiday. And that also means I will be bringing a few new items in my summer wardrobe! I'm pretty pleased with the items I bought and I wanted to share them all with you, letting you know where I got them from and why I like them so much. Seeing as I won't be posting any proper fashion posts for a while, I thought a haul would be sufficient enough to keep you all updated on the fashion aspect of my blog.

N,B; Pretty soon I'm going to be clearing out my wardrobe and I'll be selling a lot of my unwanted items through Depop (which is an app for buying and selling clothes, for those who haven't heard of it before). I'll naturally be posting about it on Instagram, but if you want to get ahead of everyone else you can follow me there (@kyvbey)!

Anyway, on with the show.



Skirt: Exhibit

This style of skirt was everywhere I looked! It's not quite a maxi skirt and it's not quite knee length, which is the perfect length for a little shorty like me. It's high waisted, with two under layers, so it is quite heavy. 
I love the opalescent effect of the skirt (also very on trend), the pleats (which you cant see very well from the picture) and the way there's a slight bit of netting to the top layer, it looks absolutely beautiful on! I own so many swallow printed items, but none as colourful and bright as this.
Here's a close up of the pattern;



I'm pairing the skirt with this bralet;


Bralet: Exhibit

I'm not actually a massive fan of bralets on me, I only own one, but I love them as a fashion item, and I think they look great with a high waisted skirt or pair of trousers!
I'm a huge fan of anything blue / navy and I think this colour really compliments the navy birds on the skirt. It's also not too skimpy and it's not too big either, just the right go between. What does make me nervous however, is the fact it zips at the back. I would be a bit wary of wearing it out to a club, so I think I'll stick to formal occasions and hot countries! Initially, I wasn't keen on the pattern and fringing of the item, but after seeing it on I really love it. 

Here's a close up of the detail; 


If you aren't the biggest fan of bralets, but you want something cute to go with a full length skirt, camis, crop tops or a white blouse would all look sensational with them. Paired with some gladiator sandals or wedges and you are holiday ready!



Sunglasses: New Look

I never usually spend more than £2 on sunglasses (all from Primark, and all broken, which explains a lot), nor am I a fan of plain black ones but I fell in love with these when I saw them and I had to get them. New Look have a great range of sunglasses, if you like ones that are simple, cheap but still great quality. I love the little silver detail at the top of the frame and they're also pretty sturdy, so I don't think I need to worry about them breaking any time soon!


Bodysuit: River Island

One thing I have always wanted in my wardrobe is a bodysuit. But for some reason, I was always kind of afraid of them, maybe because I just hadn't found the right one, or maybe because I was afraid of how they would look on me, or maybe just because they kind of remind me of babygrows. 
I have to admit I have been kind of fussy when it comes to finding one, not liking the colour, or the style or the lack of sleeves, 
This one is perfect, down to everything from the style, to the detail and to how I feel in it (amazing). The neckline isn't too deep and the sleeves come just down past the elbow, hiding the tops of my arms. The material is quite warm so I think I may wear this on the cooler nights, and I'll definitely be wearing it on nights out at home!

Here's a close up of the detail;


Bodysuits are everywhere right now and they go with pretty much everything. It's all about finding one that you like and you know you'll wear over and over again, so make sure you shop around and try before you buy!


Dress: Primark

This dress is something that I would never usually wear, but just admire from a distance on someone else! It's so classic and ethereal to me, with a lot of tiny details that bring it together, such as the ruffle detail on the front and off the cuff shoulder.


It comes down to just past the knees, it's very floaty and perfect for the hot summer weather! The camera doesn't show the light pink colour very well, so here's a close up on the pattern; 


But this wasn't the only floaty floral I picked up!


Dress: New Look

(sorry for the bad quality picture!)
As you can see I'm a huge fan of these vintage inspired florals and this one is just as beautiful as the last. I love the cool mint colour and the beautiful blossom pattern.


The most stunning thing about this beautiful dress is the detail in the back, a scoop with a pretty bow dangling from the bottom.


These are just some pretty items that I wanted to share with you all! Hopefully I will be able to post some of these in a lookbook I'll be putting together on holiday, so stay tuned!

Rachel x

P.S I just realised I totally forgot to add details about the two tops!

The white and blue top is from Miss Selfridge and it's high-necked, high-backed and strappy. It looks titchy but the materical is super stretchy so it will fit to your shape and the pattern is so cute!

The dark blue top is from River Island and I own way too many tops in the style. It's a pretty standard sleeveless top and it also comes in red, green, pink and orange if you want to find a colour that suits you!








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This floral dress from primark is so pretty! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so excited to start styling it with things, it's so adorable!

      Delete