NYX COSMETICS HAUL!

March 21, 2017

First of all, I want to say thank you to each and every one of you who got in touch with me after my last post was published. The level of support I've received since then has been phenomenal and I am so grateful to everyone who messaged me or spoke to me about it, or who even read it. To think my words resonated with so many means a whole lot, so thank you. Today's post is going to be a little different. 





When NYX not so recently opened up their store in Belfast I couldn't wait to head down and try out some of their infamous products myself. After previously hearing rave reviews about their liquid lipsticks, naturally, I had to pick some of those up, as well as a foundation too! So in this post I'm going to show you all exactly what I got and what I think of them.

STAY MATTE NOT FLAT FOUNDATION




Pale girls rejoice! When NYX called this shade "Ivory" they were not kidding. The first time I applied this foundation I felt like a milk bottle because I was so used to wearing darker shades on my skin, but this foundation matches my actual skin colour perfectly. 




The formula is designed for people of oilier complexions, who struggle finding a foundation to truly mattify on the skin, and this formula mattifies so much on my skin that it can often end up making my skin look dry and cakey. For me, the coverage isn't too heavy, its  more light-medium which is exactly what I need to cover noticeable redness and pimples, without being too much. In terms of feel, the foundation is almost a mousse-like consistency, which is why its much easier to control the level of coverage I need.

PROS: I can finally stop my search for a foundation that matches my skin and doesn't make me look too dark! Its also really long-lasting and doesn't melt off of my face.
CONS: This product is definitely not suitable for those with drier skin, because my skin was never dry at all before I started using this foundation and now I deal with a lot of patches on my nose and cheeks!


LIQUID SUEDE LIP CREAMS 


I've started to accumulate quite a small collection of the infamous Liquid Suede lip creams now, and I have to say I love the variety of shades that NYX offer. Everything from classic reds, to subtle nudes and bright vibrant oranges and blues. You definitely can't say they don't give their customers a lot of choice!

The three shades currently in my possession are Cherry Skies, Sandstorm and Brooklyn Thorn; here are some swatches in that order.  



Out of the three, Sandstorm and Brooklyn Thorn would be my two most worn shades, Sandstorm is the perfect nude shade to me; it's dark but not dark enough that it makes me look vampy like BT does (a look that I also adore). Brooklyn Thorn itself I can't quite categorise as a colour. On my actual lips its dark enough to look almost black, but when I swatch it, its like a weird mauve / brown colour, but whatever it is I absolutely love it. Cherry Skies just doesn't suit me! 
The formula is quite thick so it takes a lot to time to dry in, but when it does boy do these colours last. I usually only have to apply them once throughout the day to keep the colour topped up and looking full. I've also never noticed them be drying on my lips, naturally I have quite dry lips anyway but I haven't been aware of any significant change. However, if you are going to wear liquid lipsticks a lot please make sure you always top up with some lip balm to keep your lips hydrated.

PROS: Long-lasting, with a variety of shades to suit everyone, these lipsticks are a winner in my eyes. 
CONS: If you're impatient or suffer from very, very dry lips you might want to give these a miss!


COSMIC METALS LIP CREAM in "SPEED OF LIGHT"


I've never tried metallic lipstick before, and when you work in an environment that's filled with colour and glitter you can often be left longing for a little bit more sparkle in your life so I thought I might as well pick one up! I decided to be plain and go for this rose gold shade.


The formula is much thicker than any other liquid lipstick I've ever tried, so as you can imagine, it takes a really long time to dry. However, it didn't leave my lips feeling as sticky as I imagined it would which really surprised me. I absolutely love the colour and the feel, so I might be a bit more adventurous and try some of the brighter shades on offer. 
PROS: The perfect product to spice up any plain look and add a bit of sparkle!
CONS: I honestly don't think I can find a genuine fault with this product, no matter how hard I think about it!

Well, there you have it. There's my brief review of some of the NYX products I picked up and tried for myself, and in the future I hope to expand my use of their products. If you get the chance to call in to your local store or order some products online please do! You won't regret it, trust me.

Until then,
Rachel


You Might Also Like

0 comments