LUSH EASTER RANGE HAUL!

April 12, 2017

Hello everyone! With Easter fast approaching and therefore a limited time left to pick up some of these fabulous products, I thought it best to sooner rather than later post about some of the lovely items released in this years Lush Easter range! I'll be letting you know my personal thoughts on all of these items and on a couple that I didn't pick up in store. And for those of you looking to take a break from all of these Lush posts - have no fear! This will be my last big haul post of Lush for a while, and normal blogging will resume soon.


(L-R: Wash Behind Your Ears Shower Gel, Chocolate Easter Egg Soap, Golden Egg Bath Bomb, Which Came First? Bath Bomb, Chocolate Lip Scrub, Chick n Mix Bath Bomb, Bunch of Carrots Reusable Bubble Bar)

WASH BEHIND YOUR EARS SHOWER GEL


This thick and brightly coloured shower gel is designed to make you feel as sunny as the weather has been in recent weeks. The scent is initially quite faint, with hints of rose, jasmine and neroli giving a subtle floral tone, but it really comes alive when it makes contact with water, and you begin to notice the sweet aroma of carrot infusion. The ingredients make for an unusual combination, and depending on which scent your nose is drawn to, this is a real love it or loathe it product. It does leave your skin fell silky soft however, thanks to all of the sunflower oil in there too. Its definitely worth having a smell of in store, but its not an item that I'm particularly fond of. 

CHOCOLATE EASTER EGG SOAP


Now, I'm not usually a big fan of soaps, I find them quite drying on my skin and I'm always left wishing that they left more of a scent on my skin. Chocolate Easter Egg soap is the complete opposite - I am addicted to this stuff! Again, the scent does't smell like much on first sniff, but when you actually use it, you'll begin to notice the zesty notes of lemon oil and grapefruit which pair perfectly with the vanilla extract and vegan white chocolate that accompany them. The scent also lingers on the skin forever, and I was even able to pick it out after using a lot of other different products on top of it! I'm glad I have a huge chunk of this soap for now, but I may have to stock up before it disappears.

GOLDEN EGG BATH BOMB


Ah, the infamous Golden Egg. This product is a returning favourite every Easter, and that's not surprising, given its beautiful golden lustre and delicious smell. The bath bomb / melt shares its scent with the "Honey I Washed the Kids" range, and the sweet wild orange and bergamot scent is designed to mimic that sweet, burnt toffee scent that smells good enough to eat. Golden Egg has also been dipped in a layer of cocoa butter making it more melt than bath bomb, and ensuring that it leaves the skin feeling soft and supple. A perfect product to satisfy those Easter cravings without damaging your teeth!

WHICH CAME FIRST? BATH BOMB


Which Came First? is by far one of my favourite bath bombs, purely for scent alone. The vanilla and grapefruit scent is deliciously sweet, and the bath bomb is kind of like a three-in-one. You can crack it in half, therefore getting two bath bombs, and also revealing the tiny little chick shaped bath bomb on the inside. It can be a bit messy, particularly for those of you, like myself, who aren't gifted with super strength. The bath bomb creates gorgeous, sunset like colours in the water, but once it's all fizzed away, it can leave you feeling kind of disappointed. It also comes in two different versions, Stripes and Spots, but there's no difference in scent or colour.


CHOCOLATE LIP SCRUB


Again, I'm typically not the biggest fan of lip scrubs; I often find them too sweet for me. With that being said, I do absolutely adore the taste of this one! All the lip scrubs have a caster sugar base, providing a gentle and edible exfoliant for the lips, and Chocolate is also packed with dark chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla for a sweet kick, with sweet orange oil to add a zesty twist. It tastes just like a chocolate orange, and I am in love with it.

CHICK N MIX BATH BOMB


Since my brother mentioned to me that these little chicks look like the Canadians from South Park I just cannot unsee it. These otherwise adorable bath bombs have the same principle behind them as the Which Came First? bath bombs - three-in-one. The scent is completely different though, with bergamot and tonka providing a zingy, but almost syrupy sweet scent, and if you decide to use all of the pieces together you'll be left with deep, emerald green waters. While this isn't my favourite product from this year's range, I can see why it's proved a popular item. 



BUNCH OF CARROTS REUSABLE BUBBLE BAR


I am totally in love with these little veggies, from everything to their appearance, to smell, to versatility. As they're reusable, you can untie the straw at the top and get about five baths from one carrot by holding them under the running tap to create lots of frothy bubbles, or just swishing them in the water. The scent just embodies spring time, with lots of buchu, lemon and bergamot oils creating a beautifully sweet, but citrusy scent. They pair perfectly with pretty much every bath bomb I've used with them, and they are fast becoming my bath time go to product. 

FLOPSY FACE WASH JELLY



Admittedly I haven't tried this yet because the product as a whole doesn't really appeal to me, and I find the actual rabbit shape quite scary! I'm also still trying to make my way through my Christmas face jelly, but if you weren't able to pick up a Papa Noel then, you might like to have a go at using the Flopsy jelly instead. Break a small piece off, or just use the whole thing, and run it under the water and lather it into you face. Carrageenan seaweed extract will leave your skin feeling soft, almond oil will help protect and fresh carrot infusion adds a bit of an unusual twist too!

And thus my haul draws to a close. I hope you've enjoyed reading about all of these products. I'll do my best to get some more posts out over the coming days, but until then!

Rachel











You Might Also Like

0 comments