THE VOGUE 73 QUESTIONS TAG!

October 05, 2017

"Another tag / question post?!" I hear you cry. Yes, another one. What can I say, I like to answer questions! A big huge thank you to the gorgeous Alice from According to Alice for tagging me in this, and if you're unfamiliar with this tag, let me explain. In every issue of Vogue they ask a celebrity guest 73 questions, and today I'm going to answer those questions myself.



1. What's the best thing that's happened to you this month?
Moving in with my boyfriend has definitely been the biggest and best highlight of my September. I also start my final year of university soon and that's also pretty exciting too. Scary, but exciting.

2. What's the best thing that's happened to you this year?
I passed my second year with firsts in everything (minus one module, but that lecturer is a major douche so let's not acknowledge that) and I'm still very chuffed with myself about that. In January, I also went from being a Christmas temp to a fully fledged member of staff at my job which has been one of the best things to happen to me ever, never mind just this year.

3.What's the best thing ever?
Dogs?? There is no other answer and I will not accept any other answer.

4. What's your favourite season?
I honestly wish I could choose them all, I love them all for different reasons. Right now it would have to be Autumn, I'm feeling particularly cosy and content this season.

5. What's your favourite holiday?
I love Christmas! From the first of November onward, I literally will not shut up about it.

6. Would you ever live in a big city?
I work in a big city, and as much as I love the hustle, bustle and lively vibrancy that comes with it, I don't think I could cope with the noise 24/7, day in, day out. Give me the peace and quiet of the country, or a small town any day!

7. What's your favourite ice-cream flavour?
I'm not a big ice-cream person, but Tesco do this fantastic vanilla and cherry flavour that is just too good to resist. I also love white chocolate and sea-salted caramel!

8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No, and it drives my mum bonkers when she catches me pulling them off from the heel!

9. What's your favourite dessert?
Panna cotta, sticky-toffee pudding and anything chocolate.

10. Cake or pie?
I absolutely hate sweet pies, (I have a weird thing about cooked fruit - bleugh) so cake all the way.



11. What's your least favourite food?
I hate sprouts and I really dislike mushrooms and custard.

12. What's your favourite condiment?
BBQ sauce.

13. It's brunch, what do you eat?
Omlettes, pancakes or a big veggie fry. And lots, and lots of coffee!

14. What's your favourite colour?
I love mustard, burgundy, emerald, blush pink and turquoise blue.

15. What colour dress did you wear to your prom?
To both of my high school formals I wore different shades of green, and to my university formal last year I wore a sequined, champagne gown.

16. Blow dry or air dry?
I blow dry my fringe and roots, and then leave the rest to air dry.

17. Do you think you're strong?
Physically, no. Mentally, probably still a no.

18. Who's a person you'd love to have coffee with?
It would have been the late Carrie Fisher. What a woman!

19. When was the last time you cried?
Last night, I saw a picture of a really cute dog on Facebook and started to cry a little. Yes, my period is due soon.

20. Who's the last person you texted?
My boyfriend, we were trying to figure out what to have for dinner, as per usual.




21. Twitter or Instagram?
More recently, Twitter. I love interacting with everyone I follow and having my nonsensical thoughts and feelings validated. It's also the best way to check out new content from my favourite bloggers, and to catch up on news, PR opportunities and all sorts of things!

22. Who should everyone follow right now?
If you're not reading Sophie and Beth's posts, you absolutely should be. Amyleigh is also the best person I follow on Twitter, she regularly fills me with joy and laughter!

23. Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
Thankfully not, I would be a wreck if that ever happened to me.

24. Favourite country you visited?
I loved visiting France with my French A-Level class. It was a great experience and it really helped us all bond and get to know each other as the class was just 13 girls. We went in the winter and everything was frosted and beautiful, and the town we visited was like something out of Beauty and the Beast. I will never forget that trip.

25. Last country you visited?
England. I went to Bath in the summer with my boyfriend for our anniversary.

26. Country you wish to visit?
I would love to visit Japan, it's been a dream of mine for years!

27. First pet?
I had a fish called Goldeen. In fact, I had several fish called Goldeen throughout my early childhood, as one died it would be replaced by another, and another, and so on. I think I had gone through five fish before my dad decided enough was enough.

28. Favourite Disney animal?
Does Stitch count as an animal?? He is a "dog," albeit an alien one, but he's just so cute.

29. What are you doing tomorrow?
At the time of writing this post, my plans for tomorrow consist of absolutely nothing. I'm going to write and photograph some posts for the next couple of weeks and maybe make a start on my university reading list.

30. What are you most excited about in life right now?
I'm excited about everything! I have a lot of great content planned right up until the New Year, I'm doing a lot of cool things at university this year, and I'm really excited for what the next few months might bring.



31. What book are you reading right now?
I'm very slowly, but surely, making my way through The Man in the High Castle by Phillip K. Dick. It's hard-going and I keep losing interest, but I'm determined to finish it.

32. A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
I'm not really one to read something because of the hype. I've never read John Green or most other popular authors.

33. What are you completely bored of right now?
Doing nothing productive! I've been lazing around since moving in with my boyfriend, and I'm rather impatiently waiting for uni to start again so I can have a bit of routine and structure in my life.

34. What's your favourite beverage?
I love any kind of fruit juice, (except pineapple and banana) ice tea, normal tea and chai lattes!

35. What's your favourite cocktail?
Daiquiris and mojitos.

36. What would your order at a McDonald's drive thru?
Peri-peri chicken wrap, fries, BBQ sauce and an iced coffee.

37. What's one thing you still have from your childhood?
I have a big, knitted blanket that my great-grandmother made for my dad, which he then passed onto me. It has a lot of holes in it, and most of the wool is now very thin and falling apart, but I would never part with it.

38. What's your current favourite TV show?
I just finished The Confession Tapes on Netflix and it made me feel a lot of different emotions. I've also just started watching Electric Dreams, and it's so beautifully shot and the story-telling is fantastic.

39. What's a movie that made you cry?
Studio Ghibli movies always make me cry.

40. What do you miss the most?
Lots of my friends have moved to different countries recently, and since university our lives have all gone in different directions. I really miss being able to see them every day and catch up on everyone's current situations.



41. What's something you can't do?
I am painfully useless at most things, particularly anything financial or "adult."

42. What are your nicknames?
Rach, small bean, Lou, I have way too many to even list.

43. What makes you laugh a lot?
When my brother and I are with each other, there's seldom a quiet moment because we do not stop laughing when we're together.

44. Heels or flats?
I always wear flats, unless I'm on a night out. I haven't quite mastered the knack of wearing heels as a casual, every day outfit choice. I don't feel like I'm adult enough for that yet!

45. What's the most adventurous thing you've done?
I went to a water sports activity centre when I was younger and I did banana-boating and surfing. Does DoE count too? Maybe not, I only made it to bronze after all.

46. What's one thing you wanted to do but have been scared of?
I have a weird thing about driving. I'm comfortable being a passenger in other's cars, but I have a lot of fear about learning to do it myself.

47. What's the thing you're most proud of?
I'm still here.

48. What did you want to do with your life aged 5?
I wanted to be a vet! And a gnome.

49. Dogs or cats?
I will never, ever choose between the two.

50. What's the most important thing someone can learn?
Not every criticism you receive has to be negative. Use it to learn, grow and develop. Adaptation is a huge part of discovering yourself and learning to find your place in this huge, big world. Don't take everything in a negative light.



51. Bath or shower?
Hey, I wouldn't work in a bath bomb shop if I didn't enjoy a long soak in the tub.

52. Mountain hideaway or beach house? 
I love the beach, the sea and the sand so how could I resist a beach house.

53. What's your favourite scented candle?
My aunt is currently burning this gorgeous Yankee Candle called Viva Havana and it's so beautiful. When I walk into her house it's all I can smell.

54. If you could spend three months anywhere, where would it be?
I would love to spend three months in the Algarve, surrounded by sun, sea and cocktails!

55. Are you messy or neat?
When I'm at home with my dad, I am the most untidy person ever. I seriously don't remember the last time I cleaned my room. But in my own house, I'm such a neat freak, everything has to be clean and in it's rightful place.

56. What's the first thing you do every morning?
Turn over and annoy my boyfriend until he gets up!

57. What do you have for breakfast?
I don't usually eat breakfast, I'm so terrible! This morning I had toast, cheese and beans, but sometimes I have granola and yogurt, or a croissant and a coffee.

58. What's the last thing you do before you go to bed?
I get undressed, put my night serum on and snuggle in. Sometimes my boyfriend and I stay up and look at memes too, haha!

59. What's one skill you wish you had?
I wish I could create something that doesn't involve words. I've never been particularly arty and sometimes I wish I had a different creative outlet.

60. What's your favourite pizza?
Mozzarella or goat's cheese, with sun-dried tomatoes, red onions and sweetcorn! I do like spinach and small peppers too, and all with a BBQ base.



61. Describe your ideal man in three words.
My lovely boyfriend.

62. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My mum.

63. At what age were you at your happiest?
Probably 18/19. I went through a lot of major life changes, and I felt so optimistic and so much better about myself than at do at present. It's sad, but I will get back there.

64. What's the last thing you ate?
Toast, beans and cheese.

65. Where do you go when you need to be alone?
The bathroom! I sit in there forever and no-one disturbs me.

66. What's the biggest thing on your mind right now?
I'm trying to get through a mountain of blog stuff before I head back to university, and then that's on my mind too because I'm so disorganised! I have no stationary, no school bag and no motivation right now.

67. What's the best activity to do at home on a rainy day?
I love to write and chill out with a blanket, a hot water bottle and lots of tea.

68. What are you listening to right now?
I'm watching This Morning and the sound of my washing machine.

69. On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with life right now?
A solid 7, could be better, could be worse. I'm taking every day as it comes and trying to eliminate everything that drags me down.

70. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
I've never eaten anything strange! I'm not a huge fan of eating bizarre foods just for the sake of saying I've done it. I'm rather boring, I'm afraid!

71. Start or dessert?
You can't beat a bit of garlic bread before your meal now can you?

72. Is there a dessert you don't like?
I hate anything involving meringue, the texture is awful, it tastes dry as hell and I don't understand why people enjoy it.

73. What's the furthest you've been from home?
Turkey, I went there when I was younger and stayed for two weeks! I got really homesick though, I missed my own bed too much.


MUSTARD COAT - DV8 // STARGAZER PRINT CROPPED SHIRT - ASOS // DENIM MINI - TOPSHOP // EMBROIDERED PUMPS - TOPSHOP

Once again, a huge big thank you to Alice for tagging me! I don't know who has or hasn't been tagged so, if you want to do this yourself feel free to say I tagged you.

I hope you enjoyed reading through my answers!

Until next time,
Rachel x


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay thank you for doing the tag! Hope you enjoyed doing it. I’m the exact same in that I go to the bathroom when I wanna be alone haha! I’ll just chill in there for a bit and scroll through my phone. Also, garlic bread is life x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved doing it, thanks so much again for tagging me! The bathroom is definitely the place to be x

      Delete