A NEW LOOK FOR THE NEW YEAR - WITH MOTEL ROCKS!*

December 27, 2017

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a very merry Christmas, and all feel as well-fed and knackered as I do. As you've probably noticed, I didn't complete my goal of taking part in Blogmas. I thought I had everything planned out, but as some of you will know from reading some of my previous posts, there is no real preparation for bad mental health episodes (or the onslaught of absolute chaos that comes with working in retail over the holiday period.) Unfortunately, circumstances prevailed, and I had to let blogging take a backseat once again - but fear not! I have some absolutely cracking content planned to see me through 2018, and this rather exciting post sets the bar for what I anticipate to be a great year of blogging. 

Recently, I was approached by Motel Rocks*, a brand who's clothes I have lusted after for E V E R, in my first ever major fashion collaboration, and I'm so excited to share with you the dress I chose to style and put together. This is definitely a look you'll see me rocking in the New Year, and I hope you all love the outfit as much as I do!





I'm lowkey obsessed with anything astral-inspired, as some of you will know from this post which features probably my favourite shirt ever, and this trend shows no sign of slowing down as we enter 2018. I am also one of those people who likes to dress up and go all out for Christmas Day, so I was really excited when this beautiful dress showed up on my doorstep on Christmas Eve! The print is mystical, and almost festive with the colour combination of white, black and gold, making it easy to style and accentuate with different toned accessories. I chose to pair it with these beautiful patterned boots Santa was kind enough to drop down my chimney, alongside another huge trend with this cream, faux fur jacket. Teddy coats have been everywhere this year, (and no-one looks better in them than my girl Katy Belle Mairs) and this jacket is a slightly shaggier take on the trend. It's comfortable, cosy and light, with clips down the front to cover as much or as little of your outfit as you like!




The dress itself is a combination of slip / vintage tea-style dresses with a deep slit down the front. It isn't fitted, and sits quite loose so initially I was very worried about showing up to my nans house with my pigs in blankets on show, therefore I took the decision to wear it with a cream short-sleeved turtleneck underneath, which I chose not to wear in these pictures to give you an accurate look and feel for what the dress really looks like. However, with that being said there are strings at the top of the dress, which you can tie around the back or front for security, and to provide an extra accessory in the form of a string choker. This dress really does hit all of the major looks served in 2017, hence why I love it such an indescribable amount.




It's also very light, and as it isn't fitted, it allowed me a lot of extra stomach space to nurture my food baby on The Big Day itself, and also added to the easy, ready-to-wear casualness of the dress. I do think that it would also make a fabulous party dress for late festive get togethers, or New Year's Eve, if styled with a belt and some mega-glitzy accessories. Regardless, this dress is definitely going to become one of my wardrobe staples. It ticks every major fashion box going, and it can be worn on any casual or night-time occassion. It's easy to style, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other fabulous looks I can create with it!





Fashion posts are definitely something I'm hoping to progress further with over the next twelve months. Better outfits, better locations and hopefully better poses and a hair cut! Once my exams are out of the way, my blog will be under-going a major overhaul, and I'll be able to dedicate some time to different areas and genres of interest including beauty, lifestyle and of course fashion. I want to take this whole blogging biz seriously, ya know? And I want this to be a positive step in the right direction. 

A huge big thank you to Motel Rocks for providing me with such a beautiful addition to my wardrobe, and to all of you for reading. 

Until next time, 

Rachel x


*Some products photographed in this post were sent to me in collaboration and sponsorship with Motel Rocks. However, all opinions and photographs are my own, and all links are in accordance with ASA guidelines.



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE this dress - the fit is so perfect and the pattern is super cool, it really suits you! I love dresses that are forgiving for food babies as I often have those, haha x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alice! I'm definitely going to rely on it for a while to come x

      Delete
  2. I do really love the dress and how it fits you! You look gorgeous in it! And the neck detail omg!!! It looks so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my love! I love how casual and flowing it is - I'm excited to have it in my everyday wardrobe xx

      Delete
  3. That's so exciting you got to work with a brand you love so much! The dress has such a beautiful print! Hope you have a fab 2018 xx
    www.misszarabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zara! I'm still in awe a little hehe x

      Delete
  4. You look so cute! This dress is so unique and beautiful! x

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Antonia! It's definitely a special piece x

      Delete