ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS "MODERN RENAISSANCE" PALETTE - REVIEW

January 20, 2018

Admittedly, I seem to be that blogger who is always late to the party when it comes to cult beauty products and trends. But if there is one product I have always been desperate to get my hands on, its the Anastasia Beverly Hills "Modern Renaissance." I've watched countless videos, tutorials and reviews about it and everything about it enchants me - the colours, the shade range, how easily the shadows seems to blend and morph together to create beautiful looks. At Christmas my dreams finally came true, and Santa delivered the product my heart has been set on buying for forever (I have no idea how my dad managed to find one, OR how he even knew if it was the right one, but thanks dad.)

Now I know that every blogger and their dog has done a review of this palette, but I'm so obsessed with it, that I want a bit of the action too - albeit exceedingly late considering how long the palette has been around for. But hey, as the saying goes, there's not time like the present right? So today I'm going to talk a bit about the ABH "Modern Renaissance" palette with; shade swatches, a chat about the quality of the palette and why I think it's become such a cult beauty product on everyone's wishlist.



What first attracted me to the "Modern Renaissance" palette was the absolutely gorgeous range of shades. I'm a girl who can appreciate a bright colour, or a subtle nude look, but my heart has always been taken by shades of pink, red, orange and neutral colours too. Every look I've seen created with this palette has always looked sophisticated and chic, but also made the eyes really stand out. Every shade can be paired with another to create a subtle blend of similar shades, or blended with any of the others for a unique look. The 11 matte shades blend well, the majority are highly pigmented with a little bit of fall out, and the 3 metallic shades have an almost creamy dimension to them which help create the most beautiful halo eye looks.



With the palette, comes a duel ended brush with lovely soft bristles for blending and patting colour into the eyelids. However, I'm a creature of habit and prefer to stick to my trusty old Ted Baker eyeshadow brush - it hasn't let me down yet! My only problem with the palette is the amount of fall out with the slightly brighter shades, and the chalkiness of the lighter shades, (a criticism that ABH have faced recently with the release of the "Subculture" palette over the summer) such as Tempera and Vermeer which I find really difficult to even use as base shades because my eyelid picks up literally zero colour or dimension from them. Asides from that, the "Modern Renaissance" is utterly stunning. A unique, berry-centric palette with colours that transition from day to night, and shades that add a little extra sparkle to any eye look. I've used it pretty much daily since it's been in my possession, but I'm worried I'll hit pan soon, so I may have to curb my usage! It ranges from £40-£45 depending on where you buy from, and honestly the price is what put me off buying for so long. If I hadn't received it as a gift, I'm not sure if I would have ever taken the leap and bought one for myself, but it is definitely worth splashing out on. It is amazing quality and almost faultless.




SWATCHES:


(Top row, L-R:) "Tempera" "Golden Ochre" "Vermeer" "Buon Fresco" "Antique Bronze" "Love Letter" "Cypress Umber"


(Bottom Row, L-R:) "Raw Sienna" "Burnt Orange" " Prima Vera" "Red Ochre" "Venetian Red" "Warm Taupe""Realgar"

Do you have the "Modern Renaissance" palette? What's your favourite shade?

I hope you enjoyed reading!

Until next time, 

Rachel x



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm always late to the party with cult products too! I find it hard to want to invest in really pricey palettes as I'm obsessed with my affordable Morphe palettes. I love the shades in this though, it's such a romantic looking palette if that makes any sense. It'd be perfect for Valentine's Day! x

    Alice
    www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally see what you mean about it being romantic! I love to look of Morphe palettes, but the ones I want always seem to be out of stock! x

      Delete