SPRING LOOKS

April 24, 2016

Hello everyone! The warmer weather was finally upon us, albeit briefly. But I made the most of it, and inducted a bit of bright, spring sunshine into my life and my wardrobe! So here are some of the latest looks I am in love with and will be rocking for the rest of the season, featuring pinafores, thrifted items and a very bright skirt!

NB: The sunglasses I'm wearing aren't actually a part of any of the looks, but because we shot these pictures on a particularly bright day they were very much a necessity!

LOOK 1:


Necklace: A gift from France
Top: Thrifted (originally Primark)
Skirt: Primark

There was initially shoes with this outfit, however they looked a bit out of place without tights and didn't suit the overall theme for the outfit. Also the skirt is a little oddly shaped because of the wind blowing towards me, if you want to see it stationary there is a picture of this outfit on my IG.

I really love this outfit and it is definitely the type of combination I love to wear in the spring. The shirt is light, flowey and the pattern is so pretty. Contrasted with the heaviness and the texture of the skirt I think it looks beautiful, the navy and the yellow go really well together in my eyes. Initially, I was unsure of buying these pieces, let alone putting them together, but they make a surprisingly wonderful combination and I love them.
Also, the pockets on the skirt are actual pockets, an added bonus!


This necklace was a gift from my French exchange partner and honestly it's such an underrated piece of jewellery in my collection. The blue beads and gold feathers really compliment this shirt and they almost look attached to the collar, which I love. I would honestly recommend in investing in something like this to wear under blouses and collared shirts. 

LOOK 2:



Necklace: Thrifted
Top: Primark
Pinafore: Primark
Shoes: TK Maxx (originally from JuJu)

Again apologies for the weird position of the pinafore, but again the wind and my odd pose made it look very awkward!
This is honestly one of my favourite outfits ever. I felt so cute wearing it and everything about it is just adorable to me. Even if jelly shoes don't make a comeback I will still be wearing this Juju's with some frilly socks. The pinafore is a blush pink, faux suede and the material is super light - perfect for the warmer weather. It would also look great with a blouse underneath or maybe even a little crop top! My one criticism is that it stains very easily, as you can see in the photo below. 
I also stood to the side to show you how wide it is. Bear in mind however, I am very short and have a petite build, so it could just be me, but it is quite baggy. So I would definitely recommend that, unlike me, you try before you buy to make sure it fits properly!


Skirting over the pen mark, you can see the colour more clearly in this picture! My mum actually found this necklace for me in our local charity shop. Initially, I was quite wary of it because I don't like huge statement pieces, as I feel like they can distract from the outfit. However, the cream and pearl colours add quite a delicate touch to this outfit and I have grown quite fond of it! This colour would also look great with gold / rose gold accessories. 

LOOK 3:



Pinafore Thrifted

Outsider were kind enough to send me this super cute tee and honestly I have not stopped wearing it with everything! The white is super versatile and I've paired it with this pinafore, the yellow skirt above, my mom jeans and my denim button skirt and it has looked great with them all. I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of tshirts because I just don't think they suit me, but when I saw this one I had to have it. It summarises my attitude and personality to a tee (excuse the pun). They do a wide range of tees in a variety of colours and slogans so if you're looking for something a little bit different to add to your wardrobe I would highly recommend their site!

This outfit is super cute and a little bit quirky and I think that also sums me up very well. Again, I wasn't sure about this pinafore because I'm not really a bold print type of person and I am unsure of ones like this because of my body shape, but it's honestly just too cute. The material is quite heavy, so I think I might keep it for the winter / colder weather, but that's my only criticism. I paired this look with my blue Vans, which I have featured in a previous post. I just wanted to add a pop of colour to an otherwise very dark and unSpring-like outfit. 

These looks are some of my favourites and I have never felt so confident in anything. All of them are so far out of my comfort zone for various reasons, but if there is one thing I have learned from doing these "fashion" posts, is that you have to push your own boundaries sometimes. I have so much fun exploring different silhouettes, prints and textures, that I would never have previously tried before. I would definitely encourage you all to do the same. If you're unsure about a piece because of x, y or z, push yourself! Give it a try before you buy and you just might surprise yourself.

And if any of you are curious about the sunglasses, they're from Primark!

I hope you've enjoyed these Spring looks and I look forward to showing you more.

Rachel 

You Might Also Like

0 comments