LUSH REVIEW: "GUARDIAN OF THE FOREST" BATH BOMB

July 17, 2016


Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since my last bath bomb review, and since then I managed to get my hands on some "Guardian of the Forest" bath bombs that I've featured in previous blog posts. So I figured that I should do a review of the product I've been so eager to try and see if it lives up to my own expectations!

LOOKS:


I definitely did not expect this product to be as large as it was, which was quite a nice surprise! The light green pattern is to represent leaves, which I think is a really cute concept given the name and scent of the bath bomb, and I love how it stands out against the dark green that engulfs the rest of it. The design is the same on the reverse! Not a lot of colour other than green on the external, which doesn't give away any hints as to other colours contained within, but with a slight shimmer which I might have missed if it wasn't so sunny when I used the product. 

OVERALL: 7/10

SCENT:

I'm quite surprised the bath bomb didn't irritate my hayfever because it smells exactly like grass! I found the scent to be quite prickly yet also refreshingly natural, due to the calming cypress oil, lime oil and oakmoss absolute ingredients. It reminds me of that light, summer rain scent that lingers after a brief storm. Initially, I found the bath bomb to be more citrusy than anything else, but that's just because I like that kind of scent, so it's automatically what my nose picks out. After a longer period of time, the more musky and mossy tones began to creep in before taking over.
This is definitely not a bath bomb for someone who favours, sweeter, lighter scents.

OVERALL: 7/10


IN THE BATH:






Guardian of the Forest isn't much of a showman, it is neither a fast fizzer or a slow fizzer but a very happy medium. 
There wasn't a lot of colour variation asides from a little bit of a yellow streak, which I have seen more prominently in other batches of this bath bomb. There was also no extra goodies hidden inside, but the glittery sheen on the outside of the bath bomb gave a nice luminous lustre to the water!

OVERALL: 6/10

THE FINAL RESULT:


This picture really doesn't do justice to how luminously green the water was! It was like bathing inside of a glow-stick, just with more frothy bubbles and less painful chemicals. 
The oils and butters in the product left my skin feeling luxuriously soft and smelling amazing. 

OVERALL: 7/10


OVERALL:

I was very much anticipating getting to use this product and whilst I'm not entirely disappointed in it, I'm not exactly satisfied either, but perhaps that's just a personal thing. Guardian of the Forest is a beautiful, aesthetically appealing bath bomb and it smells divine. But it's average performance in the bath leaves it just shy of becoming one of my favourites. I would definitely buy it and use it again and hope that I get to truly experience how wonderful this unique bath bomb can be. 

I hope you've enjoyed this review and I'll certainly do my best to get back to regular blogging ASAP!

Rachel x







You Might Also Like

0 comments