ROOM TOUR

November 18, 2015

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for my lack of posting. I was going through a particularly difficult time and was also consumed by uni work, but I'm back now and ready to make it up to you all!

Today I'm going to be giving you a quick glance around my room and showing you all some of my favourite things including some stuff that means a lot to me. So here we go!


My bed is probably my favourite thing in my room (aside from the obvious reason of it being where I spend most of my time). My room was remodelled last Spring and one of the things I was determined to have was a double bed. We found this in IKEA and it's become my sort of sanctuary where I hide under a lot of blankets, cushions and toys for most of the year. The best thing about it is, it folds out to become a double bed as you can see in the picture. I prefer to have it out most of the time because having two mattresses stacked on top of one another isn't the most comfortable thing in the world- there's also a good chance I will fall out during the night. It also has some drawers underneath it where I store a lot of my school stuff and most of my DVDS and books!



This is my rather messy double chest of drawers where I contain the majority of my clothes and where I also leave stuff like make-up, deodorants and little things I need to use quite often like my glasses, and some jewellery. This area is always messy because I use the things that are sitting out all the time and I can never really be bothered to put it all back. 

In the first picture you can see my plant house where I keep my two succulents (who were soaking up the sun and rain when I took these pics, they are now safely back inside). I love plants but I have quite bad hay-fever so during the winter and spring I keep the plants inside there as it keeps me sneeze-free and keeps them away from the cold.

You can also see my small candle collection, most of which I have never used, as they are largely there for decoration and to make my room smell a little bit better. They're too nice and too pretty to burn!



This rather blurry picture is of my shelf, where I keep a lot of the ornaments and various other bits and pieces I've collected over the years. I have quite a few faerie and dragon statues and some anime figures. One of my favourite things however, is my seashell jewellery box that my nan bought me from Majorca during the summer. It looks massive, but the inside isn't very big so it can't hold much - I just really like how it looks.



This is my bookshelf area which you can see is filled with (some rather embarrassing) books! Asides from the obvious however, here is where I keep my beauty box (filled with hairspray and various other lady bits), my cacti collection, perfumes, my DVD box, some ornaments, my slippers, posters I have yet to put up and two boxes full of toys and books. This is probably the most accurate glimpse into all of my hobbies, interests and things that I love.





Some of the books I keep in my book box, most of which remain (shamefully) unread!



I keep this huge chest as a CD box. I've had it for years so you can see some of my rather embarrassing music choices that I have come to regret over the years. I also have a very old CD player I use with them. In general, the box is used to set random things I don't actually have a place for, so my cards and my 2DS have made it their home too.


On my blank wall I keep all of my postcards that I've accumulated from friends and pen pals. I also keep tickets and any duplicate pictures I have of my friends.

However I keep the majority of photos in my various photo albums I have been given as presents. This one is one of my favourites!



Finally, here is my mirrored sliderobe, where I used to take my infamous outfit pictures, and behind which, I store my dresses, coats and shirts. It has kind of become the storage area for my family's general junk; my dad's records, the Christmas decorations, board games. They make my room look and feel a lot bigger and when I'm sitting in my bed, as I am currently, I can see the view from my room reflected in them, giving them a strange sort of beauty. 

So, what does my room say about me? Well, that I'm probably quite ordinary and regular. I'm just kidding, if anything I think my room shows my creative side. I love making sure everything has it's place and putting things that matter to me on show for all to see. I think my love of toys and pretty things shows my childish nature and all of my books and sentimental items tell different stories.

I hope you have enjoyed getting to see this brief whizz around my room and I promise I will get round to posting at the weekend!

Love Rachel x

P.S to whoever has been using my pictures and linking them to a Russian dating app, I know exactly what you're doing and I can track your views on my blog. If you continue to do what you are doing I will have no option but to take action against you, just so you are aware :)



You Might Also Like

0 comments