UNI LOOKS: PART 2

November 01, 2015

Hello everyone! It's that time again where I apologise profusely for my lack of posts and wish you all a happy new month. November is finally upon us and we are one step away from Halloween and closer to Christmas. 

Recently I purchased some new items off of the high street and received a few from some online stores, wore them to uni to test them out and now I'm going to show you the latest looks I've been rocking this autumn! There will be a few variations centred around one main piece of clothing, autumnal colours and a couple of cute things to brighten up your outfits as the darkness and cold comes in. I hope you enjoy!

LOOK 1


Necklace: Sakura Charms
Top: Charity Shop
Skirt: Primark
Tights: Primark
Shoes: River Island

I have to say, I am ever so slightly obsessed with this skirt. I have been a great lover of these long, high-waisted, button-down skirts forever, but I've never quite found one in my price range. When I saw this beauty in Primark I just had to buy it. Now, I'm not necessarily a big fan of brown / beige colours, but I thought this skirt was so unique and a lovely, versatile shade. I can wear it with black, mustard and forest green without clashing but I prefer to style it with neutral colours and other shades of brown. 


Wifi Shirt: Elfie Rocks Apparel
Boots: Office

To make the outfit look less dull I styled it with this super adorable logo shirt and these high-heeled boots that are perfect for winter. They make a great addition to any outfit and they have a soft inside keeping your feet nice and toasty. The top is very flattering and fits perfectly to my figure, its not baggy and it looks super good with the skirt.


Cat Tights: Variations available on eBay, Amazon and Storenvy

I absolutely love these tights because they are a very cute addition to any outfit, particularly when you feel as though thick, black tights are too overpowering for the outfit. They are readily available on most online retailers, super cheap and usually great quality. The black material is a lot thicker than the top so your legs definitely won't be cold, and even if you can't see the cat face they work as a durable pair of tights for the winter. 


Top: eBay
Cardigan: Debenhams 
Scarf: Exhibit
Shoes: Topshop

Adding layers to any outfit will not only keep you warm but will give a whole different dimension to the outfit. With a bold piece like this skirt, I felt it would be better to keep the layers in the same colour palette but you can keep styling and restyling to find what looks best on you! 


Can you guess the celeb on my shirt?

LOOK 2:


Top: NV
Dress: Primark
Shoes: Primark

This is definitely one of my favourite new items I bought recently. I am so in love with this beautiful dress, and its various shades of dark purples, reds and navies. The straps cross at the back, making it quite difficult to manoeuvre yourself into, but once you do it looks great with most things! Black and white would be my preferred colours to wear with it; crop tops, jumpers, long-sleeved shirts, polo necks, anything at all, as the dress itself, although in muted dark colours, is still quite bold and should be the centrepiece of the outfit. The length is perfect for me also, being a shorter girl.


I absolutely adore these patent brogues and when any excuse to wear them presents itself I will grab it with both hands. They are certainly an attention grabbing item and add that touch of jazz to any plain outfit.

LOOK 3:



Shirt: Charity Shop
T-Shirt: Elfie Rocks Apparel
Jeans: Topshop

You can probably tell by now that I'm a bit obsessed with these jeans and I thought they might look good with a double-denim, Charli XCX, Justin Timberlake / Britney Spears inspired 90s flashback look. I think this "Not Ur Bae" tee is the perfect centre-piece for this outfit. It's a bit big and baggy which is why I think it looks good with these high-waisted mom jeans because they allow that room should the shirt bunch up around the hips and waist area. 


Cat Jumper: eBay

In keeping with the casual 90s vibe, this is a cosy variation to the first look. It's cute, comfy and over-sized sweaters look just as good with high-waisted jeans. I practically live in this jumper during the colder season and any similar type of jumper is a good investment for the winter!

I hope you have enjoyed this slightly longer fashion post to make up for my lack of recent posting. I probably won't be able to do many of these types of posts as the darker, colder weather comes in, so I will more than likely go overboard when I can! Hopefully you will all bear with me during that time when we reach it.

Until next time, keep it positive, 
Rachel xx




You Might Also Like

0 comments