SPRING BEAUTY FAVOURITES

April 26, 2018

Spring sure has taken its time in making an appearance this year, which has meant that I've delayed getting myself beautified and ready to take on the summer sun -partially because time is not my friend and I'm terrible at preparing for things months in advance, and also due in part to the fact I just really can't be bothered with the hassle of completely re-vamping my make-up bag and beauty routine. However, over the past couple of months, I've accumulated a couple of bits and bobs beauty-wise to help me on my journey towards achieving that flawless, neutral-toned glow that we all crave when the warmer weather hits. It sure beats packing on the product to hide my tired, dry and weather-beaten skin, because usually I end up looking a bit like what I imagine a kiwi would look like if you coated it in foundation and rolled it around the Urban Decay makeup counter. The products I'm going to talk abut today definitely help reduce that fruity risk, and they've been adding a touch of sunshine to my routines.




PIXI GLOW TONIC

Aaah, the staple of every beauty bloggers' beauty regime. I always say I'm not the type of person to buy into the hype of products, but in this case I did. Before I purchased however, I took the time to educate myself on acids within skincare products and whether or not this product would work for me. This exfoliating toner contains 5% glycolic acid which helps dissolve dead skin cells, to bring new, brighter cells to the surface of the skin. It also has added aloe vera gel, which helps soothe and hydrate skin, and also makes it suitable for all skin types. I had heard about the wonders Glow Tonic had done for those struggling with spots, acne and oily skin, but my skin would be on the drier side and without the aloe vera gel I probably would have given this a miss. 

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I noticed an almost immediate difference in my skin after using Glow Tonic. I've always struggled with dull, lifeless skin that has a multitude of problems, and this has been a huge contributing factor in getting rid of those problems. My skin looks healthier, clearer and it's even worked wonders on the acne scars that I've struggled to lift following years of bad skin. I only use it at night before bed, and I look like a new woman in the morning. If you're reading this and you're sitting on the fence about whether or not to go for Glow Tonic, take the leap. 



GIRLS WITH ATTITUDE "APHRODITE" PALETTE

One of my friends introduced me to this brand after she brought me one of their palettes home from her holidays, and this palette has become a staple in my make-up routine. I rarely go a day without using one of their shades. The perfect blend of matte, shimmer, neutral and dark shades make this such a versatile collection of shades for all seasons. The pigment of the darker shades is second to none, but the lighter shades can feel a little patchy and scratchy at times and they require a lot of building to use as transition shades or base colours. 


The real shining light of this palette, asides from the gorgeous blogger-esque marble design, are the creamy metallic shades. They are perfect for adding to the corner of your eyes to enhance a colourful look, or to perfect that perfect halo eye. The shade "enchanting" is my hands down favourite, and I even use it to add a little bit of highlight to my nose, cheeks and brow bones. GWA are also a cruelty-free, vegan brand as well, which propels them right to the top of my "must buy from" brands. 

MAKE-UP REVOLUTION CONCEAL AND DEFINE CONCEALER


I don't think there's a blogger left on earth that hasn't ranted and raved about MUR's latest creation, and as the saying goes, if you can't beat them, join them. I've been a die-hard fan of Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer since I started to wear make-up, but it definitely pales in comparison to how good Conceal and Define is. I suffer with a lot of redness, spots and blackheads, and the creamier, thicker formula from MUR's Tarte dupe covers them all. On certain days I haven't even felt the need to wear foundation because this concealer just does the job. My one gripe however, is how quickly it dries out - I thought it was bad that I had to buy a new tube from Collection every few months but it's been less than 8 weeks since my first tube of Conceal and Define and I'm already scraping out the last of it. At £4 you really can't complain, but I would expect the formula to last me a little longer than a couple of months.

KAT VON D TATTOO LINER

I received a cheeky little Debenhams voucher for Christmas courtesy of my uncle who never knows what to buy anyone under the age of 50, and finally took the plunge into the world of Kat Von D. I have wanted to try her products for forever, but the modest price tag on most of the products meant that my poor student ass had to reach a compromise between saving for important shit and beauty products. Thanks to my uncle however, I finally invested in the much-loved tattoo liner. I'm sure you've all seen the review by now about the girl who's liner didn't move an inch after she was in a car crash, and although I don't think any review I could write would ever trump that, I did want to let you all know that it is just that good. I'm not usually a fan of thin liquid liners, instead favouring larger pens that suit those of us with less control over their shaky hands, but the KVD liner is so easy to build and makes it super easy to get into the fiddly, hard to reach places. It is the deepest, darkest shade of black that I have personally ever found in an eyeliner, and it stays put throughout anything. I'm trying not to use it too frequently, because I won't always have an extra £19 handy to repurchase it when it inevitably runs out, but it's incredible quality is incomparable to any other eyeliner I've used. And let me tell ya, I've used a lot of eyeliner in my time. 


TOO FACED BETTER THAN SEX MASCARA

I remember trying this product a while ago before it really became a staple in every girl's make-up bag, but when I was younger I hated how long and clumpy it made my lashes look and feel. Fast-forward a few years, I decided to grab a little sample sized version with my KVD liner and I am obsessed. I'm quite lucky that I have naturally longer lashes anyway, so I don't usually reach for a mascara that has a lot of lash-lengthening properties, however I am in love with how this cult favourite makes my lashes look and feel. It's perfect for achieving that long, fluttery animated cartoon lashes that seem impossible to achieve. I do find that it smudges a lot and I usually end up with panda eyes by the end of the day, so I'm not sure if I'll be reaching for the full-sized version when I run out of the mini. 

What products are you loving this spring? Have you tried any of these cult classics before? Let me know!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Until next time, 







You Might Also Like

0 comments