FENTY BEAUTY BELFAST POP-UP AND HAUL

August 05, 2018

I seldom receive invitations to blogger events, never mind press preview invitations. Needless to say, when an e-invite to an exclusive preview of the Fenty Beauty Moroccan Spice collection at their Belfast pop-up pinged into my inbox, I squealed out loud with excitement. Northern Irish beauty gurus and Rihanna fans have eagerly anticipated the arrival of her deliciously diverse make-up range, as our nearest Harvey Nicols is in Dublin and not all of us want to take a chance on ordering online. Early last Saturday morning I made my way to Custom House Square in the drizzling rain, my heart fluttering with excitement to see the Fenty Beauty staples and new collection. Here's a little look at the pop-up and the extremely generous goodie bag we received!

*Products featured and reviewed were gifted as part of the press preview. All opinions are my own. 



As the theme of her most recent collection is entitled "Moroccan Spice," the pop-up decor was nothing short of luxurious and decadent. Lush, deep plum carpets accentuated with golden hues gave the little pop up in Belfast a very Arabian feel, complimented by the bowls of colourful dust adorned throughout the displays. The latest collection consists focuses heavily on the eyes, comprised of a palette, primer, two new brushes and an eyeliner - but more on those later! 





Alongside the Moroccan Spice collection, the pop-up showcased the brand's best-known and loved beauty products, from the inclusive 40 shade range of foundations to the varying vibrant shades of Mattemoiselle lipsticks and Kilawatt highlighters. I had a lot of fun swatching everything, and I've built up an internal repertoire of products to purchase when I'm not in danger of bankrupting myself. The foundations in particular piqued my interest, and thanks to the lovely team of make-up artists, I got myself shade matched and beautified using the shade "120" and the "Lightening Dust / Fire Crystal" Kilawatt highlighter, a gorgeous combination of light pink shades with a subtle shimmer. 


Unfortunately I couldn't spend all morning lusting over the products on display, so as I said my goodbyes and hurried off to work I took a little peep into the goodie bag and cried with joy and gratitude. Over the last week I've been trying and testing what I received and now I'm going to give you all a little peep and mini review of everything!



Imagine my surprise when I open the bag to discover we had been gifted with the ENTIRE Moroccan Spice collection! I still can't truly express how thankful and fortunate I feel to receive such an incredible gift, and I've had so much fun using the products. The fall-inspired collection is designed with every skin type and colour in mind - it's beautifully packaged, unbelievable quality and cruelty-free, everything I could ask for in a brand. 

PRO FILT'R AMPLIFYING EYE PRIMER
As much as I love experimenting with my eye makeup, I have to admit I've never ventured into the world of primers designed for individual features. In hindsight, I probably should have invested in primers sooner, my eyelids are notoriously oily and even the mattest of matte shadows struggles to stay on. Fenty's eye primer is light, creamy, with a hint of pink lustre to create a smooth surface that enhances the vibrancy of shadows. I definitely found that after applying the primer, it was much easier to blend and see where I needed to apply more shadow.

ALL-OVER EYESHADOW BRUSH AND TAPERED BLENDING BRUSH
When it comes to brushes, I'm not an expert. I've relied on my trusty Ted Baker brush for longer than I should probably admit, so having brushes that cater to specific make-up needs is a breath of fresh air to my make-up bag. The flat, stiff bristles of the All-Over brush make it easy to pat the shade into the lid and shape where you want to put which colour. The fan shape is tapered to blend and lay colour down evenly, and it picks up SO much pigment. I've needed a blending brush for the longest time, and the Tapered Blending brush doesn't disappoint. Blending is something I've always struggled with, so finally having a brush that takes care of my biggest make-up problem is incredible. It's light, fluffy and easy to control due to the synthetic bristles and flexible shape. Plus, they're the perfect shade of milennial pink. SO. DAMN. CUTE. 




FLYLINER LONGWEAR LIQUID LINER
I consider myself a bit of liquid liner aficionado, having tried cult classics like Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner and the best of the drugstore brands, such as Soap and Glory. I can safely say without any hesitation that the Fenty Beauty Flyiner is THE best liquid eyeliner I have ever used. It glides on with water-resistant precision, the darkest, deepest black pigment I have ever seen and it dries almost instantly. And when it dries, it does not come off. I've cried in it, I've rubbed my eyes in it and layered it on top of a mountain of shadow and it just does not budge. I double cleanse every night and even then I had to tug and rub to remove the last traces of it before hitting my pillow. I am so impressed with it and if I ever find out it's being discontinued I will buy it in bulk. It's just that good. 

MOROCCAN SPICE EYESHADOW PALETTE
Now, onto the shining star of the collection - the palette itself. A versatile day to night collection of sultry matte and metallic shades that are vibrant, highly pigmented and easy to blend, it is a stunning palette well worth it's price tag. Every shade is curated to everyone's skin tone, with shades chosen by Rihanna herself. I'm obsessed with the deep autumnal shades of grey and burgundy, and the light golden shimmer shades.


(TOP TO BOTTOM) Mo'Rocking Ice, Mirage, Casablanca, Marrakush


(TOP TO BOTTOM) Shisha Smoke, Sahara Stunna, Quicksand, Desert Baked


(TOP TO BOTTOM) Evil Genie, Fez Up, Saffron and Cumin Get It


(TOP TO BOTTOM) Souq It To Me, Nuts N Dates, Henna Sea and Spice Trip

My first venture into Fenty Beauty proved to be a fruitful one, and I can't wait to make my first online purchases at the end of the month! A huge thank you to Caroline for the invitation to the press preview and the incredible Fenty Beauty time who manned the Belfast pop up over the weekend. I'm in love with the products and I'm excited to expand my collection!

Have you tried any Fenty Beauty products before? What are your favourites?

Thanks for reading, until next time


You Might Also Like

0 comments