12 DAYS OF LUSH CHRISTMAS: 'SHOOT FOR THE STARS' BATH BOMB

December 01, 2015

Happy December everyone!

Since I started this blog back in the summer, my Lush reviews have always been some of the most viewed posts. As a special thank you to you all for continuing to read my posts, and to celebrate the run up to Christmas, I have decided to put together a 12 Days of Lush Christmas review special!
From now until the 12th of December I will be reviewing some of Lush's most popular Christmas products; from bath bombs to face masks and most things in between!

Kicking off this review extravaganza is a review of the "Shoot for the Stars" bath bomb!

LOOKS:




It's hard not to look at this product and be reminded of a piece of Van Gogh artistry, or an otherworldly planet from another galaxy. I love the design and the hint of electric yellow within the blue. You can also see the faint shimmers of glitter encased within the bath bomb.

Overall; 9/10

SCENT: 

The smell is absolutely beautiful. I could detect hints of sweet vanilla tones in an overwhelming floral and fruity haze. The scent was also very refreshing thanks to the citrus smells of Brazillian orange oil and bergamot oil!

Overall: 8/10

IN THE BATH:








Having seen many variations of this bath bomb and it's effects in the water, I have to say that I was a little bit disappointed with my results. You can't really see the yellow or red that came through, as the water just became consumed by blue. You can also see the little blue and white flakes that emerge which gave the effect of stars or snow. 

Overall: 7/10

THE FINAL RESULT:


Although it's not really clear, the water merged into this deep purple colour. Having previously seen pictures of this bath bomb, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't go a darker, almost black colour. Again, although not clear there was quite a lot of glitter which always makes me happier!

Overall: 6/10

PROS: The bath bomb is very visually pleasing, it's so artistic and it's hard not to fall in love with the exterior. The beautiful scented oils also made my skin feel super soft and I smelt great for the rest of the day.

CONS: I have to say I was really disappointed with how the bath bomb looked in the water. My expectations were not met and perhaps that just goes to show I should wait before I judge. The colours were nice, but just kind of lacklustre for my tastes.

OVERALL: A stunning bath bomb, Shoot for the Stars is absolutely beautiful in the flesh. I wasn't terribly impressed with it's effects in the water, but the combination of glitter and it's enchanting scent pull it all together,

This concludes the first review of the holiday season, I hope you enjoyed reading it and you will be back tomorrow for day 2 of the Lush review bonanza!

Until then, Rachel x

You Might Also Like

0 comments