BIRTHDAY HAUL / PRESENT RECOMMENDATIONS

December 18, 2015

Hello everyone! I first of all want to apologise for my absence and therefore being unable to post any of my 12 days reviews. I will try my best to get them finished before Christmas Eve. But to break up the huge number of posts about Lush I have decided to do a very late birthday haul of some cute, quirky and unusual presents I received that I would recommend as very good Christmas presents! I'll make sure to provide some links to related presents for you to check out!



CALENDARS:

I know for a lot of people calendars seem like a pretty dud gift. They're the kind of gift you receive from a distant relative who doesn't really know you very well. However, there are a lot of cute and creative calendars out there to make your year ahead a bit brighter. 

I received this gift from a friend and as some of you may know I am very into all things creative as a form of relaxation. So this Secret Garden Colouring Calendar is absolutely perfect for someone who is creative and enjoys nothing more than self-expression. 



Each month sets you a little task, such as "find the three ladybugs in the picture", which I think is a cute addition to the bigger pictures. 


I also got this adorable Doug the Pug calendar which basically contains cute pictures of him dressed up and doing stuff. I am completely obsessed with this dog so for me this is an absolutely perfect gift. There is always a wide range of super cute and funny animal calendars readily available in most shopping centres and stationary retailers and I personally think they are really great gifts. Not all calendars have to be plain and boring!

NOTEBOOKS / JOURNALS:


I have only recently started getting back into regularly using a diary and I think having something adorable to write in is a part of that incentive. Notebooks are one of my favourite things to give / receive because there is a wide range available and a great many uses for them. I mainly use mine as a diary but it can also be used to note down stories, turn into a creative journal or use as a slightly more exciting school planner. They're simple, pretty and I think they make really good gifts for people who are creative or very disorganised!

MUGS:


Over the years I have turned into quite the mug collector (not through my own choice)! Its no secret to those around me that I go through tea like a rabbit goes through grass, so I always look forward to the festive season where I will inevitably receive a mug of some description. I prefer mugs like the one above, that are slightly quirky and unusual and I think those kinds of mugs are perfect for friends. When it comes to family members I think more traditional mugs related to things like TV shows or a custom mug with a family picture make a great gift! You can't go wrong with the addition of some fancy coffee or teabags alongside it!

CARTOONS:


The thing I love about Disney is that it has no age limit, so Disney related gifts are perfect for all family and friends (provided they like it). With the recent reinvention of these beautiful classic DVD covers it's also a good time to help a real Disney enthusiast, like myself, start up their collection!


I am so in love with this super cute Pokemon hat. Pokemon isn't as much of a general present for someone because not everyone is a fan of it. However, this is just to show that there are other cartoon options available if someone isn't a huge fan of one or the other. But if you do have a huge Pokemon enthusiast in your life, these hats are available in lots of different variations and you can also get mini plushies which make just as good a gift!

So these are just a few cute and quirky birthday gifts that I think would also make perfect gifts for friends, family and loved ones at Christmas. Other recommendations include; candles, books, bath sets, cute pieces of jewellery, perfumes, photo albums and sweets!
Thank you for reading and I hope this has given a few of you some inspiration for the festive season!

LINKS:

Calendars; 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Notebooks: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Mugs: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4





You Might Also Like

0 comments