12 DAYS OF LUSH CHRISTMAS: 'LUXURY LUSH PUD' BATH BOMB

December 04, 2015

Hello everyone! First of all I want to apologise for the delay in this post. I had to stay late at uni yesterday and I went back to my boyfriend's house where I was without access to my photos and laptop so I couldn't post. As a result I'll post two reviews today to make up for it!

Today's first review is of the limited edition "Luxury Lush Pud" Christmas bath bomb! I have always wanted to get this bath bomb purely because of all the colours. I'm a magpie for all this bright and colourful so I eagerly awaited for this bath bomb to come back into stores for the festive season.


 LOOKS:






'Luxury Lush Pud' is a bright and funky deviation from the usual Christmas colours. The white topping decorated with a tiny holly leaf is reminiscent of your typical Christmas pudding sitting on the dinner table. However, I like the diversity of colours in this bath bomb significantly more than I have ever enjoyed a Christmas pudding. The colours did start to run into each other the longer I kept the bath bomb but that didn't really hinder my experience with the product.

Overall: 7.5/10

SCENT:

Despite its total lack of Christmas aesthetic, I thought the bath bomb smelt quite spicy which is a great way to incorporate a Christmassy element into an otherwise standard bath bomb. However, as I was looking on their website for technical scent terminology, I discovered that the bath bomb is made with lavender scents and various other floral notes. I am now quite confused with regards to my smelling abilities however if you want to try the bath bomb for yourself, let me know!

Overall: 6/10

IN THE BATH:












This bath bomb was pretty much exactly what I expected. There were no hidden colours, no big surprises and I didn't really mind. The colours still look absolutely beautiful in the water and the only disappointment was how quickly the bath bomb fizzed out. There were colours from all directions that eventually accumulated into a pretty baby pink colour.

Overall: 7/10

THE FINAL RESULT:


Sitting in this pink water I felt like a little mermaid princess! There wasn't any glitter and my only criticism was that most of the bath bomb ended up at the bottom of my bath, and I'm still trying to clean it off!

Overall; 6/10

PROS: Visually funky, 'Luxury Lush Pud' is exactly what it appears to be. No shocks, no surprises, just a good all-rounder!

CONS: Some might view this product as a little boring and not very Christmassy. It fizzed out quite quickly and there weren't really any special additions to the bath.

OVERALL: 'Luxury Lush Pud' is pretty much your bog-standard bath bomb. It's pretty on the outside and on the inside and it is exactly what you would expect. For some it may be distinctly average and one half of me is inclined to agree. However, I do think it is a different addition to the Lush Christmas collection and I will definitely use it again in the future.

Thank you for reading, Rachel x

You Might Also Like

0 comments