12 DAYS OF LUSH CHRISTMAS: 'CRANBERRY FACE MASK'

December 02, 2015

Good evening guys! I hope you're all doing well and keeping bright. 

For the second day of my Lush review special, I have chosen to review the Christmas 'Cranberry' face mask! I actually started to use this product a few weeks ago to see if I could show you all any long term improvements, but with my inconsistent use of the product and my forgetful nature, I didn't take any photos. I apologise for that and I hope no one is too annoyed about it. I have also never reviewed one of their face masks before so please bear with me!




 HOW IT WORKS:
If you have never used one of Lush's face masks before, they are pretty simple to master. The essential thing to remember is to keep it in the fridge so that it stays fresh. I have seen people apply these kinds of face masks with a brush for an even coverage, but I just prefer to use my fingers. I apply a thicker coverage for certain problem areas and a thinner layer all round. You keep the mask on for 5-10 minutes, any longer and it can start to irritate the skin a little because it's so strong, but it depends on what skin problem you want to sort out. Then just wash it off with warm water!

This is how it looks on




WHAT'S IN IT?:

With it's cranberries and rose clay, this face mask is definitely designed to spread those Christmassy vibes! One of my favourite scents is mixed with silken tofu and argan oil to create this unusual product. It smells fresh and is very soft on the skin. 

THE FINAL RESULT:

I'm not quite sure of this face mask, if I'm totally honest. A part of me really loves it, it feels good, smells good and often leaves my skin feeling soft and firmer. On the other hand, however, as it is quite strong it has led to a couple of break outs on my skin and I haven't really noticed any lasting results,

OVERALL: 

All being said, 'Cranberry' is quite a cheerful, fresh Christmas product. I love how it feels and smells, and it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and noticeably brighter. However, the differences don't last too long and I do feel as though this depends on your own skin type. I think this face mask is a different addition to the Lush Christmas collection amongst the huge amount of bath bombs and bubble bars, which is what attracted me to the product in the first place. If you are someone who likes to take care of your appearance, or just someone who likes to pamper yourself now and then, 'Cranberry' is the product for you!

I hope you enjoyed this slightly different review for the second of my twelve Lush Christmas reviews. I might do more face mask reviews in the future so any feedback or directions for improvement would be very much appreciated!

Until tomorrow, Rachel x

You Might Also Like

0 comments