FIVE STEP SKINCARE ROUTINE

March 13, 2016

Hello everyone! I am very sorry for being inactive on here for almost a month, recently I have been totally consumed by work, school and other aspects of reality. I haven't even had time to sit down! However, I am finally finished for Easter and I hope to post as much as I can and everything I possibly can think of for you all, starting with my long-promised skincare routine!



STEP ONE: "OCEAN SALT FACE AND BODY SCRUB"


My skin has possibly experienced every issue known to humanity; dryness, oiliness, discolouration, acne, the list goes on. However, my long-standing problems are a very dry T zone and and frequent breakouts. This little miracle worker helps me deal with the first of these issues. 

After I splash water on my face, I use this product, usually every other day as I don't want to harm my skin and sometimes after using a face mask (my favourites include Lush's "Don't look at me" and "Cupcake" and Montagne Jeunesse's range.) Just simply scoop some out and rub in circular motions around your face. I would also rub a little harder on my problematic areas like on the sides of my nose and around my eyebrows. Then I wash it off almost immediately with warm water.

What I love the most about this product is how wonderful it smells. I never grow tired of salty, yet fruity, citrus scent! One word of warning however, if you are prone to quite sensitive skin, I would avoid this product completely. The salt is quite harsh at times, and sometimes the avocado butter can't quite take the sting out, so if you are worried about that it might be best to find a gentler product! 

STEP TWO: ULTRABLAND FACIAL CLEANSER


Next up, I take a generous helping of this brand favourite and apply it liberally over my face before washing off, then patting my skin dry with a towel. It is the perfect product to counteract the sting of "Ocean Salt" and leaves my skin feeling super smooth. It can also be used as an overnight moisturiser and is suitable for all skin types, so it's definitely multi-purpose.

Initially I wasn't a huge fan of this product and what largely put me off was the scent. I can't even begin to describe how it smells, but it doesn't suit my tastes at all! However, I persevered with it because it left my skin feeling incredible and looking noticeably brighter and dewy.

STEP THREE: BREATH OF FRESH AIR TONER WATER


After cleansing, I spritz this product three or four times onto a dry cotton pad and rub it all over my face. You could apply it directly onto your skin if you prefer, but it takes much longer to dry into your skin. 

This is my favourite product out of my whole routine and one of my favourite Lush products in general. It removes my stubborn make up that no make up wipe can seem to shift, it's light seaside smell is so refreshing and it makes my skin feel a lot stronger and more toned. It does exactly what it says on the bottle!

STEP FOUR: GREASE LIGHTENING SPOT TREATMENT


I personally prefer to use this product before I moisturise, however step four and step five are interchangeable! 

I am normally quite wary of spot treatments, especially ones that are "quick fix" after having many a bad experience in my early teens with them. This product however, is a lot different. I pump a teensy bit onto my finger then dab delicately onto any emerging or noticeable spots and redness. By the next morning they are totally gone and my skin is completely clear. 

One issue I have found with this product is that it can be quite dry and form a sort of crust around the spot. That is why I prefer to use it before I moisturise, so this issue isn't as noticeable as it is when I swap the steps!

STEP FIVE: NIVEA SOFT MOISTURISING CREAM


Surprise! A non-Lush related product made this list. This has been my must-have moisturiser for years. I have never found a product that makes my skin feel as soft, dewy and incredible as this does. It also works for hands and all over body moisturising.

It is a lot lighter than typical Nivea moisturising cream which in my experience, can be quite heavy and clog the skin more. This product is one of my favourites of all time!

So there we are, my five step skincare routine! Since following this I have noticed my skin has looked amazing and I am having to do this less frequently and just as and when my skin needs it. Hopefully this can be a guide for some of you who, like me, suffered with bad skin in early teenagerhood, or aren't quite sure where to start with skincare. I have been through so many brands and products and only now have I found products that suit me and work. 

I hope you enjoyed and hopefully I'll be posting much more frequently!
Rachel x




You Might Also Like

0 comments