LUSH EASTER HAUL AND "FLUFFY EGG" REVIEW!

March 22, 2016

Hey everyone! So I recently popped into Lush and picked up some of their Easter range which I'm really excited to tell you all about. I have never previously tried any of their Easter seasonal products so I thought I would give you all a brief run down of what I bought, my first impressions of them and a detailed review of one of the products, "Fluffy Egg" bath bomb, and hopefully help you decide which one to go for and treat yourself with this Easter!



L-R: "Which Came First" bath bomb, "Ultraviolet" bubble bar, "Ladybird" bubble bar, "Humpty Dumpty" bath bomb and "Fluffy Egg" bath bomb.

"WHICH CAME FIRST" BATH BOMB

The first thing you will probably notice about this product is how much bigger it is than your standard bath bomb. That is because unlike regular bath bombs, "Which Came First" can provide three baths from one product. There are two halves to the exterior and inside is a surprise extra! "Humpty Dumpty" is the same. 
I think this bath bomb is so cute, the pink and yellow compliment each other really well, as does the blue on the reverse side, and it smells so amazing. Sweet, fruity and citrussy! I am really really excited to try this one out.

"ULTRAVIOLET" BUBBLE BAR

"Ultraviolet" is probably one of the more aesthetically pleasing products I've seen, at least to me anyway! I love how the shades of purple, blue and green make a kind of reverse rainbow and they're some of my favourite colours. 
To me it smells very earthy and natural, which is another unique quality that I actually really like. I can't really smell the violet or floral tones in the product, hopefully they will be brought out in the water itself. 
This product is a real love / hate one, I personally like it and the anticipation of trying it is really getting to me! However, I know a lot of you might not enjoy the more dirty notes to it, so I would definitely give it a sniff in store and maybe check out a demo of it before you buy.

"LADYBIRD" BUBBLE BAR

Although actually a part of the Mother's Day range, my local Lush had a few left in stock so I decided to get one to try out after missing out previously! The colours are so vivid and a cute twist on traditional images of this cute little insect. 
The scent is amazing, it's subtly fruity with lots of minty tones bursting through, kind of like a fruity chewing gum!
This is probably one of my favourites that I picked up and I hope it will live up to the hype.

"HUMPTY DUMPTY" BATH BOMB

As previously explained above, this little guy will give you three baths as he also has a surprise inside!
I am actually quite disappointed with how mine looks. The peachy skin colour faded away to white and a lot of the blue dust comes off, so I hope it looks a lot better in the bath than it does solid!
It smells incredible however, the sweet caramel really compliments the fruity and uplifting orange and bergamot oil scent - it's probably one of my favourites!

"FLUFFY EGG" BATH BOMB - REVIEW


LOOKS:
"Fluffy Egg" is probably the least visually appealing of the products I picked up. It's still cute however, the pink is very vivid and the little flowers adorned either side of the bath bomb make a cute spring touch!

OVERALL: 7/10

SCENT:
This product shares its scent with some of the Christmas range and my personal favourites; "Snow Fairy" and "Candy Mountain"!
Sickeningly sweet enough to hurt your teeth, fruity and vanilla I absolutely adore it. 

OVERALL: 9/10

IN THE BATH:


This bath bomb was a very quick fizzer and there really wasn't much to offer in terms of colour variation in the water. It went in pink and stained my bath pink, however I didn't necessarily mind, as much as I enjoy a beautiful and colourful bathtub display from my bath bombs! I think I just love the scent so much I would forgive anything else about it.

OVERALL: 6/10

THE FINAL RESULT:


The colour came out a very vivid, almost fluorescent pink, but I'm not sure if that is because of the sunlight in my bathroom that day. But either way the water made me feel like I was bathing in melted candyfloss like some kind of imaginary mermaid, so not a bad effect overall!

OVERALL: 8/10

OVERALL:
"Fluffy Egg" is a cute and simple addition to an otherwise very bright and creative range of Easter products. It's not my favourite, but it will have a special place in my heart because it is one of my favourite scents. I am definitely going to stock up because I'm almost out of "Snow Fairy" shower gel and I don't think I can last until Christmas without some sweetness in my life! If you're looking for something to have a quick, relaxing but beautiful bath, this product is the one for you. 


If you're looking for something a bit more unusual or exciting check out the other products I've mentioned above. These are only some products from the range and there are many more to try!
Hopefully this brief guide will have helped some of you decide which products to go for this Easter and I will try to post reviews of the rest at some point!

Rachel x








You Might Also Like

0 comments