LUSH "HUMPTY DUMPTY" BATH BOMB REVIEW: COLLAB WITH TOREO TALKS!

March 29, 2016

Hey everyone! Today I will giving you a review of the Lush Easter exclusive, "Humpty Dumpty" bath bomb, with a twist. I am very excited to announce that this review will be a collab with the lovely Victoria and will also be available over at her blog, Toreo Talks. Also, just for a change I will be following how she structures her reviews, rather than how I do mine! We thought this would be something fun to do, to show our contrasting styles and opinions on the product!



PRICE:
Rachel: At £6.95, this product is way more expensive than your standard bath bomb. However, considering the size, the fact that you can get three baths from one bomb and that it is an Easter exclusive, I was more than happy to spend my money on it! I just wouldn't buy too many of them.

Victoria: I bought this bath bomb for £6.95. I thought the price was reasonable for what you get, especially as it is limited edition. It actually works out cheaper to buy this bath bomb if you can believe it! You get three baths out of it, or one if you're feeling greedy. Normally bath bombs are about £3.50, so it is fair in my opinion.

SCENT:
Victoria: This bath bomb is the best thing I've ever smelt in my life - no exaggeration! I could smell it from a mile away in the shp, and if it has the power to do that when there are probably 10000 other scents, then it's good!
It's a mixture of sweet, syrupy caramel and a slight hint of Brazillian orange extract comes through (the same stuff that's in Bouncy Bunny shower jelly). For those of you who prefer milder scents, this probably isn't for you, as it is quite strong. 

Rachel: I personally love the smell. The sweet caramel and the zingy orange make a winning combination. Initially I thought that it could become sickeningly overpowering in an almost Snow Fairy-esque way, but I am delighted that it wasn't as strong as it could have been. The scent remains on the skin for a really long time, and I've been feeling like a sweet traybake all day!

HOW TO USE IT:


Rachel: It is a 3-in-1 bath bomb, and I think it would be best to use it in three separate baths as I have mentioned above. Personally I enjoy the bath bomb so I want to get as much use out of it as I can and because it makes it seem much better value for money.
Mine did not crack in half as smoothly as I expected! I had to smack it off of a hard surface a good few times before I even made a dent. The half I used was a lot smaller than the other half I left, but I added the crumbs and leftovers in after.

Victoria: "Humpty Dumpty" is meant to be used in three baths, and for the price, I think this is the best thing to do. You could use the mini egg bath bomb with one of the halves, as I don't think it would make much of an impact on its own. 
Initially, I had visions of me sawing at the egg like a maniac, desperately trying to open it - but in fact it was the complete opposite! 
I put both my thumbs on the little join connecting the two halves and pushed gently in the bath bomb. It cracked in half beautifully and let a few little specks of dust in my sink, but nothing too big. The small fried egg easily prised from the shell without any cracking (no pun intended!)


IN THE BATH:
Victoria:There was a bigger half and a smaller half, so I used the bigger one on it's own and I'm planning to use the smaller half with the mini egg bomb soon. When I placed the bomb into the tub, it fizzed very loudly and spun around the tub, leaving behind a trail of bright blue and peach foam. I thought the half-egg shell was quite large, yet it had completely disintegrated within 30 seconds. I was expecting it to fizz for a little while longer. It turned the water a nice deep blue, with no bubbles, and the smell was still present in the water. I felt like something was missing though. To be honest, the only other bath bomb I've tried before was Intergalatic ( an extremely bright colour, effervescent bath bomb), so I think I may have been expecting a lot. 






Rachel: "Humpty Dumpty" is definitely a quick fizzer, which I expected after deciding to use the smaller half I cracked off.
The blue and tan contrast very nicely together, splitting the colour of the tub almost evenly. There was even a hint of yellow that emerged from the water which came from the bath bomb's yellow bow tie. Eventually, the water faded to a beautiful turquoise blue. Whilst I did think the end result was perfection, there wasn't much else that excited me about the bath bomb. No bright colours, no glitter etc.

OVERALL:
Rachel: I personally have to give the product 7/10. I think it is a cute, quirky and original addition to the Easter range. "Humpty Dumpty" is aesthetically pleasing, combines that beautiful clean spring scent with a sweetness that could only come from this time of year, and for the size and the usage I do think it is good value for money. However I would have liked something more than just a pretty bath bomb with a nice smell, some glitter, more oil or colour, just anything! I would buy it again next year, but only if it were revamped to contain something with a bit more flavour and flair.

Victoria: In my opinion I would rate the product an 8/10. It is a really lovely bath bomb that gets you in the mood for Spring, and the combination of colours looks super pretty in the water.  The fizz time in the water disappointed me slightly as I was expecting it to last a little longer and put on more of a "show". However I would definitely repurchase this, as the smell and aesthetic of it is truly amazing!

I hope you guys have enjoyed this slight change of direction for this special review. Hopefully this has given you all an extra opinion on the product and opened your minds to the idea of any future collabs! And a huge big thank you to Victoria for the opportunity.

Rachel x

You Might Also Like

0 comments