WHAT'S IN MY TOTE BAG?

July 05, 2017

I'm not a great lover of handbags, I always have a lot of things on my persons at any one time, so more often than not you can see me strolling along the street with a backpack or tote bag. I think the latter make a great accessory to any outfit and with today's post I wanted to show off my favourite and it's contents (minus the usual junk you can find lying at the bottom of my bag; crumbs, pads, receipts and bus tickets. It's usually a battle in itself to find what I want when I need it!) I hope you're all ready to take a nosy inside and find out exactly what's in my tote bag.



TOTE BAG: Released as part of LUSH's recent self-preserving campaign, this bag is not only beautiful and big enough to carry all of my stuff, it's also environmentally friendly. You may have noticed the little "earth positive" label on the side of the bag in the picture above, and this is due to the fact the bag has been manufactured using renewable green energy such as solar power and wind! There's also a matching knot wrap too.

LIP BALM: My lips are insanely dry and I have a terrible habit of picking them and biting them constantly, therefore I always have to have some form of lip balm in my bag all the time. My current fave is Buttered Brazils from LUSH because it's sweet and nourishing and has an indulgent chocolate taste. I only carry it in the summer however, as I find it's not conditioning enough for my terrible winter lips!

LIQUID LIPSTICK: My go to lipstick of choice is NYX's Liquid Suede in Sandstorm. It's a brilliant nude shade with lots of brown / beige tones throughout. It's long-lasting and I often don't need to reapply it throughout the day, but I keep it with me just in case. 

KEYS: Of course everyone carries their keys on them at all times, but I often find mine disappear into the deep, dark, depths of my bag - even with my super cute mini Daryl Dixon POP! Vinyl key ring. Maybe I should start adding more to my chain?

BOOK: As someone who is constantly travelling, I need something to keep my occupied during long journeys. I'm currently reading The Man in the High Castle, however I'm not enjoying it as much as I through I would so I think it's time I pick up something from my reading list! 

GLASSES: Unless you know me in real life, you may not be aware of the fact that my eyesight is absolutely piss poor. I really should take my glasses with me everywhere, but quite often I forget them which is why I've started leaving them in my tote. Luckily, it's only my long distance vision that needs a little helping hand, but I can never be too sure of when my boyfriend is planning a spontaneous trip to the cinema and I might need them!



SUNGLASSES: I've posted quite recently about my love for these pink, heart-shaped glasses, so it's probably not surprising that they're always in my tote bag. With the weather in Northern Ireland constantly changing over the summer, you never know when a sunny spell is going to hit, so it pays to be prepared!

NOTEBOOK: I also constantly carry a notebook with me. Whether I'm jotting down blog ideas, writing down lovely things from my day or making a shopping list, I always want to be prepared for when inspiration strikes! I have quite the variety of sharpies in the bottom of my bag too, they're a necessity for doodles and work too. My boyfriend bought me this beautiful cactus print A5 notebook from Sass&Belle for my birthday. 

PHONE AND CASE: I've only just hopped on the smartphone bandwagon this past year, starting off with a gold iPhone 5S. This super cute cactus case is from eBay - can you tell I really like plants?

HAND CREAM: I work in an environment where I'm constantly dipping my hands in and out of bowls of water, so it's important that I keep them soft and stop them from drying out. I rotate my hand creams pretty often, and I'm currently in love with this little body butter from Flower Pharm in Wild Rose. With lots of coconut oil, this thick lotion is brilliant for keeping my hands in tip top condition.



BODY SPRAY: I wouldn't normally carry perfume or body spray in my tote bag, however I am absolutely in love with the Twilight body spray from LUSH. As the scent doesn't linger too much on the skin, I need to constantly keep topping it up. I have to be careful however, this Kitchen Exclusive isn't readily available, so I can't be as generous as I would like to be.

PURSE: This adorable Sailor Moon purse is my first proper adult purse - I just couldn't let go of my childhood! It's big, very sturdy and hasn't broke on me just yet. It's perfect for fitting in all of my card essentials and copious amounts of bus tickets. I would give you a look inside but I genuinely feel ashamed about how messy it is. I can't find a link to my exact purse but THIS one is a pretty good dupe.



What's inside your bag? What are your must-have essentials you always carry with you?
I hope you've all enjoyed this little glimpse into my tote bag! Thanks so much for reading,

Rachel

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. That sailor moon purse is gorgeous!! And I am exactly the same, I always carry a large tote bag with me haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it?? I just feel so uncomfortable with handbags, where am I supposed to put all of this stuff? x

      Delete
  2. I'm the same as you in that I don't tend to carry around handbags - I'm a backpack person! A lot of the things you carry around are similar to what I tend to carry around - right down to a nyx liquid suede, but my one is soft spoken!

    Gail // www.sherbet-aurora.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, I do love a good backpack! I've been after that shade for the longest time, it's beautiful but my local counter is always out of stock!

      Delete
  3. I love that tote bag - I really want it! Also those heart shaped sunnies are super cool, they'd look amazing for outfit photos hanging off a top!

    www.loulabellerose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying my best not to include them in every post, but I just love them so much - they are THE perfect accessory! x

      Delete
  4. I could probably spend all day looking at these sorts of posts.. I love the photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaah thank you so much! that means a lot because I'm never happy with my photography so thank you love x

      Delete