THREE LOOKS WITH ONE SHIRT

July 15, 2017

Blush pink and deep red are two of the trends that I have been obsessed with lately, so when I picked up this gorgeous blouse from New Look it ticked every single box. Not that I need an excuse to own yet another shirt, but I definitely couldn't resist the gorgeous pattern and light, airy quality to it. Although I've been out of the fashion game for a while I immediately started thinking of different ways to style it, and much to my surprise, I managed to incorporate it into my wardrobe pretty easily. Today I want to share with you three super cute looks I manged to come up with, all centred around one beautiful shirt.


LOOK ONE:




KNOT WRAP: LUSH
BLOUSE: NEW LOOK
JEANS: TOPSHOP
SHOES: IRON FIST

At first I wanted to kill my boyfriend for taking these weird out of focus pictures and almost totally ruining my outfit post, however I think they add a slight dream-like quality so I've forgiven him. For now. Anyway, I was a bit anxious about putting this outfit together because it's basically pattern overkill, but my style is all about being fun and cute so this outfit is pretty much perfect. 

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know I'm a big fan of mom jeans. They're perfect for my petite frame because they tailor to my waist and legs and elongate them a little, and I love tucking loose shirts into them for that cool 70's mom look. I got these gorgeous embroidered jeans for Christmas from Topshop and they go with pretty much everything - red, beige, blush pink. 

The shoes in picture one are from Iron Fist, and I've had them for years. You can't see the pattern clearly, but they're pink satin with strawberries and splotches of green, red and blue. I don't wear them out often because a) they were very expensive and if I ruined them I would probably cry and b) as mentioned, they are satin and therefore not a good match for the typical Northern Irish weather!


I love accessorising with knot wraps from LUSH because they hide my roots (hashtag fake blonde problems) and they jazz up pretty much any outfit. They're great for throwing into your hair on a bad hair day or whenever you can't be bothered to style it but you still want to look nice. The greenspun fabric is made from recycled plastic bottles meaning they're also great for the environment too! This one is called "Pretty as a Picture" and it's by far my favourite, even if the silky material slides out of my hair all the time.


LOOK TWO:




OVERALLS: PRIMARK
SOCKS AND SHOES: PRIMARK

This super cute pink overall dress was the first thing I thought of pairing this shirt with, and it's one of my wardrobe staples. It goes wonderfully with so many of my white items, from jumpers and polo necks to shirts and blouses, and with this little shirt, they're a match made in heaven. The material is quite loose, despite the fact it's a fake suede type feel, which I absolutely love. And it also has pockets!



The simple ring I'm wearing is from the Fashion Museum in Bath, and even though it's costume jewellery I think it looks beautiful and sophisticated without being too much. It's a Georgian-style (fake) rose gold band with (fake) heart cut white stones around it, and despite being a little bit too big for my tiny fingers, I'm determined to wear it with pride. 

LOOK THREE:



COAT: PRIMARK
JEANS: TOPSHOP
SHOES: PRIMARK

This outfit is by far my favourite of the three, it's both professional and casual - the perfect "from work to dinner" look. I bought this trench-style coat from Primark a couple of weeks ago for just £15, which I consider to be pretty good in comparison to other brands. It's really light which makes it great for unpredictable weather, however one downside is that it's not rain-proof so to be avoided on overcast days. 

I haven't been able to fit into these jeans for a while now, and haven't really wanted to either for a lack of confidence in myself. However, I just knew I had to pair them with this outfit, and I haven't felt so confident in something for the longest time, this outfit made me feel absolutely amazing and that's exactly what fashion should be about. It's not about the most expensive item, or only using high-end brands (the majority of my wardrobe is from Primark, in case you couldn't tell already) and that's never been my intention behind my fashion posts. I've always wanted to show outfits that are cute, reflect my personal style and are easily replicated through affordable prices and brands that everyone knows and loves. Okay, tangent over.


You may have also noticed that my photos look a little bit different to their predecessors, and that is because I've finally started trying to take this whole photography biz seriously so I've introduced a bit of subtle editing that will hopefully make my pictures stand out a little more and improve the overall quality of my blog. Make sure to let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and see you soon,

Rachel x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love all three ways you styled this shirt, its a really versatile piece! :) That blush pink trench coat is beautiful, might have to have a little look for it...Sophie xxx

    www.sopharsogood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie! It really is, which isn't always the case with patterns. I'm so in love with it, I'm literally wearing it all the time right now x

      Delete