SLEEK MAKEUP "DISTORTED DREAMS" COLLECTION

July 08, 2017

I am a massive fan of Britain's Next Top Model, and after seeing the new Sleek Makeup "Distorted Dreams" collection featured in one episode, I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this stunning collection. The company have released a cream highlight palette and three liquid lipsticks as part of the range, and every shade and product contains a lot of shimmer - this is not a collection for those of you who prefer nude tones and matte shades! I bought pretty much every product, bar one lipstick, and today, I'm going to be swatching everything and providing as in-depth a review as possible for the collection that everyone has had their eyes on!



First off, let's start with the actual palette itself. I've never been a huge fan of cream highlighters, because I'm a girl who likes to glow as much as possible, and it find it much easier to pack on powder than to mess around with creams that just aren't shimmery enough for me - plus how on earth are you supposed to apply them?? However, I have been on the hunt for colourful highlight shades to match my more colourful looks!




As I discovered, three of the shades are cream based and the other two are slightly harder powder shades, hence why they haven't swatched as intensely (2 and 4). The cream shades slid onto the skin easily and I'm honestly shocked at how much shimmer they contain! They felt really gentle on my skin and didn't smudge a lot, and they are quite vivid and intense for fairly pastel shades. The other two powder packed shades were much harder to swatch, and I found the bronze shade particularly flaky. However, this is the only bad point I can find with this highlight palette as everything else has turned out perfectly dreamlike. At £10.99 it doesn't break the bank, considering I'm currently paying £4 for my current individual highlight, so the five of these shades in one palette turn out cheaper individually!

Now, let's move onto the liquid lipsticks.



First of all, let me apologise for my dodgy nail in this picture, if you've read my post about false nails you'll understand. Second of all, I mentioned earlier that I only picked up a few bits from the collection, and when I say "few" what I really meant was "everything minus one liquid lipstick." That would be because one of the shades is similar to a liquid lipstick I already own, Nyx Cosmetics Cosmic Metals "Speed of Light," so I picked up the other shades instead. How shimmery are they??

I don't have a lot of experience with Sleek's liquid lipsticks, however I know that so many rave about them, so I was quite excited to try these two shades, "Volcanic" and "Rusted Rose." Certainly, from swatching them you can see how pigmented and shimmery they are, even if both shades are quite similar. However, I've already road-tested them, and I have quite a different story to tell. I found the formula very drying on my lips, and I needed to apply it at least three times for the colour to really pop and show off the shimmer and the actual colour of the lipstick. I also found that they left quite a funny ring around my lip line. However, they did stay on pretty much all day, and I didn't need to apply them again. So hey, maybe applying them heavily at the beginning of the day cemented them to my lips!

All in all, I can understand why Sleek's new "Distorted Dreams" collection is proving to be a smash hit. The highlight palette is good value for money, and the shade range is unique and beautiful. As much as I love the shades of the liquid lipsticks, my heart isn't totally sold on them just yet, but who knows? Maybe in time I'll grow to love them - I sincerely hope so!

What do you think of Sleek's new collection? Be sure to let me know!

As ever, thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post!
Until next time, 
Rachel 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. These products look lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty!!! I think I need to invest!! Xx

    www.juderivers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I really need to invest in those liquid lipsticks! I just don't how to justify my spend haha.

    Great post lovely. Can't wait to read more.

    SH;AL-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're only £4.99 which is pretty good for liquid lipsticks, well worth it! x

      Delete