LUSH REVIEW: "SPARKLY PUMPKIN" BUBBLE BAR

October 18, 2015

Hello everyone, I hope you have all had a great weekend and aren't too upset at the prospect of another week ahead.

I was super excited to head to Lush to check out the Halloween products (having never previously tried any of them) and the Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar leapt out at me from the shelf. However, today is going to be slightly different from my usual kind of Lush review I do as the product is not a bath bomb and therefore doesn't fall into the same categories as those products do. So this is going to be a sort of fly by the seat of my pants kind of review so please bear with me!

LOOKS:



This bar is so cute, it is my kind of pumpkin! The glitter gives it a nice golden hue making it perfect for use in October or at Christmas time, I think it is so eye-catching and pretty. The amount of glitter rubs off on everything so it is best kept in the bag until you use it and try not to touch too many things after you've held it!

Overall: 10/10

SCENT:

I did expect the bubble bar to stink of pumpkin (and I am not a fan of pumpkin), however I was pleasantly surprised at how light and floral the product smells. It's quite sharp thanks to the citrus scent of grapefruit which I think makes an interesting contrast to its external aesthetic! It's not too overpowering or strong and I think that really helps bring the outer beauty of the bomb to an even better light.

Overall: 10/10

HOW IT WORKS:

Now if you've never used a bubble bar from Lush before you might think you can use them like a bath bomb and just drop them in the water and wait for the magic. However, as I found out, it doesn't work quite like that.

There are various different ways you can use bubble bars including holding the product under the tap whilst your run your bath and the slowly crumbling it under the rushing water. My preferred method is to hold the product and swirl it in the water which slowly releases the colour inside.

IN THE BATH:



The water turned a lot more vibrant than you can see in the picture and as the external glitter washed away in the bath, the bubble bar became the most vivid orange I have ever seen, the exact colour was reflected in the water also.

The mountain of bubbles was incredible, however what was disappointing was that the glitter was not as copious in the water as it had been on the bath bomb. Also be careful to pick out the stick in the centre of the bath bomb and crumble as much as you can before it sinks to the bottom, because it is not pleasant to sit on!

Overall: 8/10

PROS: I love how the bubble bar looks, it is visually stunning both externally and in the water, even though there isn't too much happening. I adore the smell of the product and if Lush every created a perfume out of it I would snap it up so fast. The oil in the bubble bar also made my skin feel super soft and I can still smell the scent of the product on my skin hours later!

CONS: It does take a while to crumble and when it nears the end it comes off in quite big chunks, as do most bubble bars, so you have to make sure you crumble it thoroughly. I was also disappointed with the distinct lack of glitter released by the bubble bar, but the outside certainly compensates for it.

OVERALL: 9/10

I think "Sparkly Pumpkin" is a great limited edition product and I would thoroughly recommend hat you snap it up while you can! This bubble bar proves that Halloween can be beautiful and vibrant and doesn't have to be super spooky and pumpkin-scented!

I hope you all enjoy the start of your week, until next time!
Rachel x

You Might Also Like

1 comments