UNI LOOKS: PART 1

October 07, 2015

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well and that you've been having a positive start to October. I know for some of you the autumn blues will have sunk in by now, and you'll be counting down the days until Halloween comes to signal the start of half-term! (Lucky you, I don't get a half term!)

Today I thought I'd bring to you a couple of simple looks that I've been rocking in my first couple of weeks at uni, featuring some articles of clothing you may or may not have seen in previous fashion posts. What can I say? I like to get some wear out of my clothes and I'm not afraid to (sort of) outfit repeat!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these three simple looks that you can easily incorporate into your wardrobe.

LOOK 1:



Top: Primark
Scarf: Primark
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: River Island

My uni is located near the coastline and the weather can change seasons in a day, making it quite difficult to get dressed in the morning, because you never know how the day is going to turn out. What I love about this outfit is that it's durable for any kind of weather. The top is quite tight but because it's white it allows you to remain cool throughout the day but still be warm enough if it happens to get cooler. The jeans, as mentioned in my previous review of them, are comfortable and casual, making them perfect for the autumn.


But what really makes this outfit perfect is the scarf, and the fact that are numerous uses for it. Scarves are a perfect addition to any fall/winter and even spring look, not only keeping you warm but adding a fashionable twist to your outfit. And in my eyes there is nothing better than a huge tartan scarf, particularly when you look at one of the biggest trends this season- the poncho. If you love this trend like I do, but you find that they are out of your price range, then investing in a huge scarf might be of interest to you. Simply just fold out your scarf, flip tit around you and add a waist-cinching belt around it and you've made your very own stylish poncho without going over budget. (I would have added my huge black belt, had I have found it amongst the mess in my room). 
This look is perfect for dealing with fluctuating weather and looking cute all the while!

LOOK 2


Jumper: H+M
Braces Skirt: H+M
Tights: Primark
Shoes: Topshop

What I love the most about this look is that it's simple and cute, which is a very basic summary of my style! As I stated in my previous post involving this jumper, I absolutely love the mustard trend right now. It's perfect for fall and this jumper epitomises everything that autumnal wear should be. It's warm, cosy but not too much so and it is just so comfortable. I was longing to pair it with this skirt and braces combo, which is one of my favourite articles of clothing that I won, and the result looked as good as I hoped. 


A view of the harness from the back, I absolutely love how it looks!



The reason why I love this particular piece of clothing is just that it is so versatile. If the straps are too big for you or you think they don't really suit the outfit, you can just pull them down and wear the skirt as an item. Some versions of this item will even come with detachable straps, therefore you won't have to wear them hanging down like I do. This outfit is particularly nice for colder days and with the addition of a leather jacket or big black coat is perfect for uni!

LOOK 3


Hat: Ebay
Shirt: Charity Shop
Jeans: Topshop
Shoes: Vans

I'm not really a casual dress kind of person, this is the type of outfit I would usually wear lazing around on a Sunday. However, I had looked for this kind of shirt for an age and when I finally found one in my local charity shop I couldn't resit buying it and showing it off! 

This outfit may look plain and very simple but I think these pieces of clothing are wardrobe staples, each and every one of us will have some version of these at home, so why not combine them all and make a cute, durable fall outfit? The top is light and cool, you can definitely ear it by itself like I did and feel warm enough not to need a jacket. However, if you're someone who feels the chill you can add any kind of shirt underneath this and wear the over shirt loose. Shirts are perfect for autumn because of their versatile uses and their ability to look cute no matter the weather!


To jazz up my outfit I added this spiked beanie, which is another one of my favourite pieces that I've had for years. My favourite thing about the colder weather is that I get to wear this constantly! I think its cute, punky and if you're not a big jewellery person like myself, the addition of a hat can really spruce up your outfit. You could also add a scarf, but if you are a jewellery person this outfit would look great like lots or rings, cute earrings or a necklace you can wear under your collar- even one of those collar charms! If you're feeling particularly creative you could add some patches and badges to the shirt to make yourself look a little bit more individual and really express yourself.

That's all for this post, but expect many more uni looks to come for the foreseeable future. Also coming up will be my book review of A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, album reviews of Halsey and Lana Del Rey, "A Day in the Life of Me" as suggested by one of my lovely followers and many more Lush reviews!

I also want to apologise for not posting the reviews I said I would! I've been extremely busy with university and my days are extremely long so some nights I get home and have a bath and honestly the last thing I'm thinking about is reviewing and what I am thinking about is relaxing! However I am going into town on Friday to buy some products to set aside specifically for reviewing, including some of their Halloween titbits and treats, so please stay tuned!

On that note, I wish you all a happy mid-week and I will be back on Saturday with a review of my lovely giveaway prize I received from Magic Period! Until then, take care of yourselves and continue to stay positive and bright!

Love always, Rachel x







You Might Also Like

2 comments