IT'S MOVING TIME - AGAIN!

August 31, 2017

As you've probably gathered from some of my recent posts and casual information drops, tomorrow is the day my boyfriend and I move in together. Just us, no-one else. I've been experiencing a lot of emotions about The Big Move, and today I thought I would share some of my thoughts and feelings about taking the next step in our relationship.



It's not the first time my boyfriend and I have lived together. Last year, we moved into a student house with six others, and the experience was... different, to say the least. There were ups, there were downs, and I swore I would never do it together. He was my only solace during my darkest moments, and the only person I looked forward to spending time with. Apart from the time spent at university, every spare moment we had we spent together. Naturally, as plans for the year ahead starting to form, getting our own place was the most natural thing to do. 

Due to work commitments, we've spent most of our summer apart, hence why I'm very excited and eager to finally move in together. We've been working our little butts off to save as much money as possible so that we can make it through the year. But I still have some apprehensions and anxieties about the entire situation. 


We've been together for over six years now, so my strange quirks and issues are no stranger to him. Believe me, he has the patience of a saint. But that little inner demon keeps springing to the forefront of my mind, raising doubts and "what ifs?" What if he gets tired of seeing me, and mainly me, every single day? What if we both get bored of each other? What about silly little arguments that may escalate into one big fight? I'm naturally a very needy and clingy person, but what if he starts to find me annoying or too much? What if we run out of things to talk about? It's the pettiest, and silliest problems that always seem to spark the biggest arguments, and raise these questions within my mind.

On the other hand, I'm really excited about the fact we're taking the next step, and that excitement is doing its best to drown out the negativity. We have so much to look forward to, like our first proper grocery shop, our first night in together, and our first Sunday night dinner. We have already shared so many wonderful experiences together, and I know that this upcoming year will be filled with them.

Plus, it's not like we'll be living in each others pockets 24/7. I'm about to start my final year of my degree, and he is working with the National Trust for his placement year. As we'll be living by the coast, we will also get to explore so many places that you simply can't see at home. I know that so many wonderful opportunities are going to arise for the two of us, and I am genuinely excited to see what the year brings us.


KNOTWRAP: LUSH
WHITE TOP: PRIMARK
DRESS: NEW LOOK
RINGS: PRIMARK
NECKLACE: TOPSHOP

Trying to fight my "inner saboteur" as RuPaul so often puts it, is a struggle, especially when I find it difficult to open myself up and admit when things are making me unhappy. But these are just lessons I will have to learn, and that I hope I can learn from living with my partner. I'm excited and nervous, but I know that as soon as we're together, every negative feeling will just melt away. 

My posts over the next couple of days will be scheduled, while we're settling ourselves into our new place. I have some really great content coming up that I'm very excited for, and I have a lot of big plans for when I have my own space to work in properly and efficiently. I hope you're looking forward to some exciting shoot locations, autumn themed posts and my upcoming "Lessons from Lectures" series that I'll be posting every month as I get back into the swing of university. 

I hope you enjoyed this little update, and I'll be back with you all soon.

Until next time,

Rachel

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wishing you all the best for your move- I hope you manage to get settled soon!! Just out of curiosity, are you guys going to be staying in a one or two bedroom flat? Six years together though- that is G O A L S!!! I've got the worst luck with guys haha- my longest relationship was six MONTHS........ D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! It's actually one bedroom, but there are two "storage" rooms with beds in them, but we're just using them to throw stuff in at the minute! Hahah thank you, it's tough but we do our best to make it work!

      Delete