50 QUESTIONS YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ASKED TAG

August 08, 2017

Perhaps I should title this post "51 Questions You've Never Been Asked" as no-one actually tagged or asked me to take part in this tag. Am I breaking the unspoken "blogger rules" in doing so? Probably, but I like to talk and I personally love finding out more about the person behind the blog. I really enjoyed doing "The Liebster Award" post I took part in recently, and I wanted to answer some more unusual and fun questions. So sit back, buckle up and come find out a little bit more about me in today's post!


HAT: Primark
SHIRT AND SKIRT: Topshop

1. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE CANDLE SCENT?
I had a sniff of a martini scented Yankee Candle years ago that I've never gotten over and haven't been able to find since! I love anything fresh and fruity, like lime, peach and mango, but I also love sweet scents too. Summer Scoop by Yankee Candle is another favourite. But then again, I also really like cinnamon scented things too. It's too hard to choose and I blame that entirely on my aunt, she always has a different candle burning in every part of her house!

2.WHAT FEMALE CELEBRITY DO YOU WISH WAS YOUR SISTER?
For all of their faults and flaws, I love the relationship the eldest three Kardashian sisters have. They have a lot of fun together, and don't shy away from taking the piss out of each other and those are the kinds of sisters I would love to have.

3.WHAT MALE CELEBRITY DO YOU WISH WAS YOUR BROTHER?
Any of the guys from the Jackass crew, there would never be a dull moment when they're around. But then again, I'd spend my life in a perpetual state of anxiety as God knows what they would plan on doing to me!

4. HOW OLD DO YOU THINK YOU'LL BE WHEN YOU GET MARRIED?
If I'm honest, I'd get married tomorrow in a heartbeat if the chance arose, but if I'm being realistic I'd ideally like it to be sometime in the next five years. So between 22-25.

5. DO YOU KNOW A HOARDER?
My mum! She just recently gutted pretty much all of the house, but before then our house was full of junk. Old Christmas presents, magazines, and I don't even know what else. I suppose I also have hoarder tendencies, because I'm deeply sentimental about everything and I hate throwing things away - I always regret it after!

6. CAN YOU DO A SPLIT?
No! I only have little legs and small hips, I can barely go half-way down.

7. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU LEARNED TO RIDE A BIKE?
I didn't learn until I was about 10/11. I'd attempted to before with disastrous results like crashing headfirst into a lamp post and nearly running over a dog in the park. I learned thanks to my friends and without pressure from my parents.

8. HOW MANY OCEANS HAVE YOU SWAM IN?
None, unless paddling your feet at the beach counts as swimming.

9. HOW MANY COUNTRIES HAVE YOU BEEN TO?
Eight - Ireland, Scotland, England, Spain, Turkey, Tunisia, France and Germany!

10. IS ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY IN THE ARMY?
Yep, my step-cousin and my uncle was also in the army when he was younger, just before he met my aunt.

11. WHAT WOULD YOU NAME YOUR DAUGHTER IF YOU HAD ONE?
I love the names Alice, Rose, Violet, Sophia, Eve, Elle and Nicole so any one of those.

12. WHAT WOULD YOU NAME YOUR SON IF YOU HAD ONE?
Being honest, I've put a lot more thought into girl names than boy names. But I like Callum, Caleb and Isaac for boys. And Daniel, but if my boyfriend and I have kids together I wouldn't like to name them after him.

13. WHAT'S THE WORST GRADE YOU GOT ON A TEST.
I got 34% in a maths test once, just before my GCSEs, which was obviously really encouraging. In terms of more "important" grades, I got an E in my German AS-Level so needless to say I didn't pursue that as a career!

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TV SHOW AS A KID?
Where do I start? I loved cartoons and anime as a child, so Digimon and Sailor Moon obviously top the list, and they still do today. Asides from that I loved Power Puff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Recess, Filmore, Scooby Doo etc. Basically if it was animated I watched it, I hated real time tv shows.

15. WHAT DID YOU DRESS UP AS ON HALLOWEEN WHEN YOU WERE EIGHT?
I actually remember this Halloween really well, I dressed as the devil! I had a red catsuit with sparkly horns and a belt that looked like it was made of fire, and of course I carried around a little red trident. My cousin crimped my hair too so I probably looked more like a mushroom than the devil. It's one of the only costumes my family actually kept photos of because they thought it was hilarious.

16. HAVE YOU READ ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER / HUNGER GAMES / TWILIGHT SERIES?
I've read all of Harry Potter and Twilight, however I was kind of growing out of those kinds of books when Hunger Games started to become a big thing. Plus, I really, really dislike Jennifer Lawrence, and everything HG related reminds me of her so I tend to avoid it anyway!

17. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A BRITISH ACCENT OR AN AMERICAN ACCENT?
Neither, I quite like my own accent, even if I do sound like a moose sometimes. Big up Northern Ireland.

18. DID YOUR MOTHER GO TO COLLEGE?
Yep, but not until she was much older.

19. ARE YOUR GRANDPARENTS STILL MARRIED?
My granny and granda are, they celebrated their 50th anniversary not too long ago, however my nana on my other side of my family has been widowed for around 17 years.

20. HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN KARATE LESSONS?
Nope, I took Irish dancing lessons when I was younger until I gave up before high school.

21. DO YOU KNOW WHO KERMIT THE FROG IS?
Of course, may he live on forever in iconic meme history.

22. WHAT'S THE FIRST AMUSEMENT PARK YOU'VE BEEN TO?
Does good old Barry's in Portrush count? I hope it does. I'm not a huge fan of amusement parks in general, I love the games but I hate the actual rides because I'm too scared to go on anything big and potentially dangerous. I'm just that friend that stays on the bottom, holds the bags and waves as you go past!

23. WHAT LANGUAGE, BESIDES YOUR NATIVE, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FLUENT IN?
I studied German and French for years at school, but since I left pretty much all traces of those languages have left my body and I would love to pick up those again. I'm also interested in learning Spanish, Polish and Dutch.

24. DO YOU SPELL THE COLOUR AS GREY OR GRAY?
Grey.

25. IS YOUR FATHER BALD?
Pretty much, but he does like to remind us that he HAS got a little bit of stubble at the back of his head. But asides from that, the rest of his hair transferred into his moustache when he was 16.


26. DO YOU KNOW TRIPLETS?
I don't!

27. DO YOU PREFER TITANIC OR THE NOTEBOOK?
By default I have to say Titanic because I've never seen The Notebook. I'm not a huge romantic movie fan in general but I make an exception for Leonardo DiCaprio.

28. HAVE YOU EVER HAD INDIAN FOOD?
I love Indian food, but I'm a real creature of habit when it comes to what I get no matter if it's from a takeaway or an authentic restaurant.

29. WHAT'S THE NAME OF YOUR FAVOURITE RESTAURANT?
I can't choose! Bills, Knags, Redz, and I love chain restaurants like yo!Sushi and Wagamamas.

30. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO OLIVE GARDEN?
No.

31. DO YOU BELONG TO ANY WAREHOUSE STORES?
I have no idea what they are.

32. WHAT WOULD YOUR PARENTS HAVE NAMED YOU IF YOU WERE THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Michael, and if my brother Michael had have been born the opposite sex, he would have been called Rachel. My parents were very creative.

33. IF YOU HAVE A NICKNAME WHAT IS IT?
I have loads; Rach, Rachie, Roo, Lou Lou, spats, babycinno, little one, little bun, small bean, babu. peanuts and egg being my favourites.

34. WHOS YOUR FAVOURITE PERSON IN THE WORLD?
My boyfriend and my brother share joint first place. 

35. WOULD YOU RATHER LIVE IN A RURAL AREA OR THE SUBURBS?
It's so hard to choose because I'm such a city girl at heart but I also love my own space, peace and quiet and being around nature. But I wouldn't like to live too far away from the city because I would miss the hubbub I'm used to in the city.

36. CAN YOU WHISTLE?
Sporadically, once I start it sounds pretty good but it usually fizzles out after a few seconds.

37. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A NIGHTLIGHT?
When I'm by myself yes, when I'm with my boyfriend no.

38. DO YOU EAT BREAKFAST EVERY MORNING?
I'm really bad for eating breakfast, if I have time I will but even when I do it's not very much. I like taking my time making smoothie bowls and eating cereal etc, but usually I just chuck some breakfast biscuits in my bag and grab a coffee before work. 

39. DO YOU TAKE ANY PILLS OR MEDICATION DAILY?
My pill and in the summer time my hayfever tablet.

40. WHAT MEDICAL CONDITIONS DO YOU HAVE?
I have sciatica, which I'm planning on writing a post about it very soon, as well as other MH related issues.

41. HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL?
I've been twice for myself when I was younger because I had really bad digestive issues as a kid, and then I went with my brother a lot because he was always sick as a child.

42. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN FINDING NEMO?
It was my brother's favourite film as a child, I had no choice but to watch it.

43. WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR JEANS?
Topshop, Pull and Bear and Primark!

44. WHAT WAS THE LAST COMPLIMENT YOU GOT?
My friend told me I looked cute at work yesterday.

45. DO YOU USUALLY REMEMBER YOUR DREAMS IN THE MORNING?
Not unless they're particularly vivid and unusual.

46. WHAT FLAVOUR TEA DO YOU ENJOY?
I enjoy every kind of tea, breakfast tea, to mint tea and every fruity flavour inbetween!

47. HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES DO YOU OWN?
I would estimate between 15-20, most of which are heavy winter boots.

48. WHAT RELIGION WILL YOU RAISE YOUR CHILDREN TO PRACTICE?
I'm not going to raise my children to practice any religion, however I will educate them about the different faiths and beliefs that exist and if they choose to follow one or abstain from religion, I will support them wholeheartedly.

49. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU FOUND OUT SANTA WASN'T REAL?
I think I was around nine or ten, I don't remember exactly but it wasn't explicitly said to me until I was much older because of my younger brother. But I caught on by myself long before that.

50. WHY DO YOU HAVE A BLOG?
(This question did say Tumblr, but I changed it to blog because it fits better) I have a blog because I love writing, first and foremost, but I also love sharing my thoughts and opinions with others too. It's a personal way of getting to know someone, and I like getting to know more about a topic I may not understand or something that I find interesting.

And there you have it, some answers to questions I wasn't asked to answer, but I wanted to anyway. I hope you learned a little bit more about me, and if you fancy giving this tag a go, do it! Don't wait around for someone to tag you, because you might end up waiting forever. What's a random fact about you that someone might not necessarily know?

Until next time,

Rachel

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Loved this Rachel! A fact that someone may not know about me is that I have a fear of deep water, so I avoid going in the sea at all costs. The closest I'll get it swimming in the swallow end of the pool of just dipping my toes in, haha!
    Jess x
    rosiejess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jess! I personally LOVE water, but I can see why it would be scary to you! x

      Delete
  2. I have never though of such a tag but that's a really good idea. It brings some surprise and originality. I think there are a lot of things people don't know about me. A really few people know I am afraid of crocodiles ahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen a couple of people do it before and wanted to have a go myself for those very reasons! I love crocodiles and all reptiles really x

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of posts where you really get to know the blogger! I totally agree I feel like I would connect personally with any of the kardashian sisters ❤
    Keep up the good work ⭐️
    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like these! I'm totally with you on the early marriage thing- would have loved to be a young wife and it means less time dating.

    Also thanks for liking my name!

    Alice | Alice I Wonderlust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome! My boyfriend and I have been together for six years, so I always bear that in mind when it comes to marriage, time is ticking! x

      Delete
  5. Tag posts are one of my favourite posts to read! This one was really entertaining! Titanic is one of my all time favourite movies! X

    Jeff. | NAMELESSJEFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please call your daughter Alice! ;P
    I really really enjoyed reading this and learning more about you x

    Alice // The Rose Glow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, I might as well, just for you ;) x

      Delete