MY HOLY GRAIL LUSH PRODUCTS

August 25, 2017

I want to start this post with an apology. I've been absent from blogging and actively posting over the last few days, due to the huge amount of hours I've been taking on at work. But, considering that my boyfriend and I are moving very soon, and we're both broke students, we need as much money as possible, so sadly blogging has taken a backseat. I also want to apologise for the horrible quality pictures that are about to appear in this post. The seasons are changing and the natural summer light is starting to fade, and my light box hasn't been ordered yet, so if my photos over the next coming posts are dark and drab that's why! Now that the excuses are out of the way, its onto the post.


I've been working for everyone's favourite cosmetics company for almost a year now, and hardly a day goes by without a message from a family member, a friend or a follower asking for advice on certain products or seeking recommendations. Even before working for LUSH, I was an avid fan of their products, and since the age of sixteen I've tried at least one product from every section of the shop. Today, I thought I would put together a list of not only some of my favourite products, but a list of products I use pretty much every day - or at least once a week (I'm looking at you hair treatments!) These products get somewhat overlooked sometimes in favour of the latest sparkly bath bomb or shiny new product, and I want to shift the spotlight onto them because they're both useful and suit pretty much everyone!




H'SUAN WEN HUA HAIR TREATMENT
One of my first LUSH products that I started to use after advice from a now colleague. I've dyed my hair from the age of thirteen, so naturally it has sustained a lot of damage over the years, and this hair treatment is the only thing that helps restore it to it's former glory. I use it once a week, three weeks after getting my hair done, as it can be quite stripping, therefore I try to maintain my colour for as long as possible before use. Organic extra virgin olive oil and free range eggs condition and strengthen the hair, while bananas help nourish and add moisture. Its what I would call a "home remedy" style hair mask, as most of the ingredients you can find in your kitchen. What I really love about H'Suan Wen is that as you're washing the mask out of your hair, you can instantly feel a difference in texture and quality, and it leaves my hair feeling soft and light for days afterwards. I couldn't imagine not having this treatment in my hair-care routine!


R&B HAIR MOISTURISER

Another of my heroic hair products, R&B is almost like a daily version of H'Suan Wen. Originally designed for thick, porous hair (insert picture of my frizzy bleached mess) this product has been an absolute god send for my hair. Avocado and cupuacu butters add moisture, and coconut oil helps restore and repair damaged hair. R&B is great to use on both wet and dry hair, so I like to work a little on my ends before drying when wet, and before styling when dry. It emphasises the natural curl of your hair, adding soft gentle waves as you work it through. My boyfriend even uses it to condition his beard!




SCRUBEE BODY BUTTER
It's almost embarrassing to admit that I had very little interest in pampering, exfoliating and looking after my body before I started working for LUSH. Now, I can't get enough of it, and that's largely down to the invention of Scrubee - a previous Mother's Day exclusive that is now available all year round. A duel body butter and exfoliator, it smells divine, gently scrubs and also moisturises the body thanks to its base of cocoa butter and honey. It's also cute as hell, so I always feel a little bad when I use it and take away another layer of his sweet, scrubby skin. But it makes my skin smell sweet and also ensures that I waste less time applying lotion when I get out of the shower.

FULL OF GRACE SERUM BAR
A vastly underrated product within the world of LUSH, Full of Grace often gets overlooked in favour of the more exciting and self-explanatory products within the skincare range. However, my every day routine couldn't be without it. It's a solid facial serum with murumuru butter to moisturise, and vitamin-packed portobello mushrooms to protect the skin. I use it as an overnight moisturiser that also helps with acne scars and redness, thanks to rose petal infusion and calamine powder within, but it's also great to use before applying a face mask, as it allows the ingredients to skin deeper into the skin. It's quick-drying but it also leaves you skin feeling soft and supple.




MAGICAL MORINGA PRIMER
Another of my skincare staples, Magical Moringa doubles as both a moisturiser and primer. As someone who has always had terribly oily skin, I started using it to combat that, as its base of cornflour mattifies on the skin and leaves it feeling velvet soft, hence why it's also great to hold foundation in place. The accompanying ingredients of rosehip oil help repair the skin, and moringa oil which is rich in anti-oxidants, have also transformed my skin completely. This is one LUSH product I simply could not be without. 

HANDY GURUGU HAND CREAM
My hands are one of my favourite features. They have always been soft, dainty and naturally nourished. However, since starting at LUSH, my hands have been put through the ringer, and started to dry out terribly. I have never been a huge fan of hand creams, however I picked up a pot of this and I haven't looked back. Handy Gurugu is rich in a variety of butters, peanut, cashew and pumpkinseed to name just a few. As it is so rich, I use it as an overnight hand cream, putting on as much as possible before bed and then letting the ingredients work their magic. 

SLEEPY BODY LOTION
The body lotion that has taken the Internet by storm, Sleepy has been flying off the shelves all across the country, and I can totally understand why. Originally a Christmas exclusive, this lavender based lotion was my best friend as I endured many stressful and sleepless nights over the winter period, thanks to exams and very noisy housemates. A combination of floral and sweeter ingredients such as tonka absolute and benzoin, it's also light enough to use during the summer, as it sinks into the skin easily and the scent lingers all night. It's sweet, rich and decadent - it truly is a miracle worker.


I call these products my "holy grail" products, as my routine simply would not be without them. they make me feel great, the work wonders for my body, face and hair, and they aren't often as talked about as they should be. LUSH are more than just bath bombs, and hopefully this post has given even the most casual of LUSH fans amongst you, the enthusiasm to explore everything else the brand has to offer.

It was super hard to condense all the products I wanted to share, and I could have mentioned so many more. I hope you enjoyed learning more about my holy grail products! What are your favourite LUSH products that you couldn't be without?

Thanks for reading, until next time
Rachel

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post! I've been wanting to try some lush products especially because they are cruelty-free, I will definitely check these out x

    ReplyDelete