MY EYESHADOW PALETTE COLLECTION!

September 26, 2017

Can you believe there was a time in my life where I didn't like to wear eyeshadow? When I was going through my emo phase, heavy black powder was my signature look, but as I got older and drifted away from that era of my life, I shunned all shadows. It was only fairly recently I got back into experimenting with beauty products, and now my eyelids feel naked without a pop of colour washed over them. Today I want to share my very compact collection of eyeshadow palettes with you all, and share my favourite shades and colour combos!



SMALL PALETTES:



I would describe both the Nyx Ultimate Brights palette and the Too Faced Cat Eyes palette, as my two go-to, everyday eyeshadow products. Recently I've been using the Too Faced palette more and more, as the shade range is perfect for the transition into A/W beauty looks, whereas, it goes without saying that the Nyx Ultimate Brights palette has a much more vibrant and vivid shade range.

There isn't one palette out of the two I prefer; both have incredible staying power, blend-ability and wearability, and have a great balance of matte and shimmery shades. I prefer to wear the Cat Eyes shades during the day, and the Ultimate Brights shades when I'm heading out or going to work. I love the range of pink / orange shades, and it's so easy to create a multitude of looks with the colours available. I just wish I was brave enough to experiment with the green / blue shades! I will say that after continued use, I have found both palettes to produce a little bit of fallout on certain shades, which is particularly disappointing with the Too Faced palette, as it is quite compact and has small pans.



LARGE PALETTES:



The BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic palette was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought, and it still remains my favourite to this day. Every shade is packed full of shimmer, can be used wet or dry and is packed full of pigment. I love using the darker colours to enhance A/W eyeshadow looks, or every day looks ("Saturn" is my favourite shade!). I do find the light shades a little harder to build up, and there is a lot of fallout from the palette, however the pans are huge so I don't feel bad about wastage. It's also the prettiest palette I have ever, ever seen.


I invested in the Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette to fill in the colourful gaps that my BH Cosmetics palette was severely lacking, and it does not disappoint. I think the range is great and I love that there are three shades of every colour, so it's easy to create a look centred around the shade of your choice. I have found some of the shades to be a little less pigmented than the Nyx Ultimate Brights palette, and I find myself reaching less and less for my UD palette as a result. Sometimes the shades can be a little chalky and the fallout is definitely too much to deal with. With that being said, there are certain shades I use to compliment colours from other palettes, again the pink / orange / red shades are the ones I use the most.


I'm proud of the little collection of palette's I've managed to buil up, but there is definitely room for more. I feel like I'm severely lacking in more neutral / natural toned colours, so I currently have my sights set on the Morphe 350 palette, ABH's Modern Renaissance and Nyx's Ultimate Multi-Finish Warm Rust palette.

What's your favourite eyeshadow palette? Have you tried any of these before?

I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my palette collection, thank you for reading!

Until next time,

Rachel

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The Nyx palette is on my wishlist at the moment along with basically all of their other eyeshadow palettes as well. I'm loving bright colours at the moment. My favourite palettes at the moment are Morphe 35O and Coastal Scents Fall Festival, both have amazing colours that are perfect for Autumn x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their palettes are just so beautiful!I haven't heard of Coastal Scents before but I just looked up the palette and that range of shades is lovely x

      Delete
  2. I have the NYX palette as well but I haven't used it in months because I've slowly transitioned away from very 'out there' makeup to a much more minimal routine - but the colours really are lovely. My favourite at the moment has to be the naked smokey eye one from UD! There's a really nice mixture of both neutral and bold colours. x

    maria | http://whatismaria.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been too keen on the UD Naked palettes, but I can definitely see why they're popular because of their neutral shade range! x

      Delete
  3. So many gorgeous colours here! The Galaxy Chic palette looks quite cool- I always like a shimmer :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete