A LOOK INSIDE MY ROOM!

September 28, 2017

It's been almost a month since we moved into our swanky new apartment, and we've settled in pretty nicely. It occurred to me that I haven't yet gave you all a VIP tour of my favourite space in our place - my room of course! I've spent a lot of time, effort and of course monies, into making our room look as cosy, bright and welcoming as possible. Therefore, today's post will of course be a little tour of our room!





When I was thinking about how I wanted to accessorise and style our room, I wanted to go for a very clean, Pinterest-esque crisp white, bearing in mind that all of the furniture was already provided and either white or brown, with speckles of colours that were both warm and bright. Mustard, rose gold, green and pink were my main focuses. The curtains and cushions were also provided, except for the yellow one which I bought from Asda and the little bunny which is from B+M which match my IKEA bed sheets pretty well. 



It's a well-known fact that fairy lights make everything instantly look cuter, so of course I have two sets stuck to my bed frame. The top set are from Primark, and these rather jazzy cactus lights were from a small boutique in Bath. The rabbit blanket from Asda is by far one of my favourite things about my room, it is indescribably cosy and I never, ever went to throw it off of me in the mornings. Also, I think it's evident to see who's side of the bed is who's, and we'll move onto to that next!



My boyfriend is definitely a minimalist when it comes to designing and customising his personal space. What he lacks in random tat, I make up for five times over! But when your decorations are this cute, I think I can justify the lack of space on my bedside dresser. I won the Hello Kitty alarm clock on our recent trip to the local arcade, where we spent hours and a ridiculous amount of petty change, attempting to beat the other in a range of games. I refused to leave the arcade until I won myself the clock, and it is by far one of my proudest achievements. The rest of the decorations are from Primark, except for the knitted cactus which is from Sass and Belle.



I moved my favourite shoes with me to the apartment too, and this is the most organised and attractive they have ever looked. I usually throw them off my feet the second I get in and allow them to become lost to the great abyss that is underneath my bed. You can also probably tell I really, really like boots.



The gorgeous seaside view from our side window is definitely one of my favourite parts of the room, and it's certainly a more attractive view than the one from our balcony which you can see in picture one (alongside a rather out of place view of a skip). I love how every house, bungalow and set of apartments is unique and on a totally different level to the other, which for some reason reminds me of the view you have from a Spanish holiday villa. The sea is constant, and no matter the weather it always remains within sight.




As if it wasn't enough for me to cover my own bedside table in an endless amount of decorations and knick-nacks, of course I had to cover my boyfriend and I's shared dressing table in them too! Much to his dismay, I would like to add. In keeping with the green and rabbit theme of the room, I bought most of the cactus decorations from Primark, the rabbit tealight holder from Asda and the LED rabbit lamp from Flying Tiger. This is another of my favourite spaces in the room, it's cute, cluttered but still organised, and every accessory adds it's own certain charm to the rest of the room. 

I've always wanted to have a room that looks good, feels cosy and isn't too hard to keep clean, and I feel like I've finally achieved that with my room. But that doesn't mean I'm done decorated by any means. I want to get a few prints to put on my wardrobe, and a little rug to cover the (fake) wooden floor with. I'd also like to get something cute for my window cill too. My new room is still a work in progress with it, but I'm glad to have such a beautiful space to call my own, even if I do wish I had a desk too!

What's your favourite part of your room? 

I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my university room, thanks for reading!

Until next time, 

Rachel x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Your room is so lovely! It looks really spacious and not cluttered at all. The dressing table is the cutest part, I think - I love how you decorated it

    www.theemeralddove.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thank you! The dressing table is definitely cute, it's basically an explosion of all the stuff I couldn't find space for! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is so unbelievably cute! My fave part is your dresser with all the cacti and bunnies, it looks so lovely and so you! You’ve done it up so nicely x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete